rimfire4969

Done to death, but I feel like a moan.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a ATN X Sight to stick on my 22 or hmr, I love the idea of a sight working just as well during the day and night.

UK Price £779.00

USA Price $699.00 @ 1.52 = roughly £460.00

I know they have import duty and delivery and need to make a profit but £320.00 more expensive for the same sight in the USA. Lets not forget they would not be paying $699 they would be getting it a lot cheaper as a dealer.

Completely put me off buying one.

Anyone going to the states soon :whistling:

I just arrived home today from Florida. I picked up nearly £250 of reloading gear for around £120.

A sports shop called '*****' had ruger 10/22's wood or synthetic for $199 including tax, they had over 30 on the racks to choose from.

CZ 527's were the same in dollars as pounds.

Just a note, my case lock was broken off and the equipment inspected by TSA. I had a leaflet placed in my case saying the equipment had been inspected due to items seen on X-ray and were being inspected for prohibited items / ITAR, scopes and night vision are covered by ITAR. I was tempted to bring some bullets heads and cases home, I'm glad I didn't now.

Edited by markm

I just arrived home today from Florida. I picked up nearly £250 of reloading gear for around £120.

A sports shop called '*****' had ruger 10/22's wood or synthetic for $199 including tax, they had over 30 on the racks to choose from.

CZ 527's were the same in dollars as pounds.

Just a note, my case lock was broken off and the equipment inspected by TSA. I had a leaflet placed in my case saying the equipment had been inspected due to items seen on X-ray and were being inspected for prohibited items / ITAR, scopes and night vision are covered by ITAR. I was tempted to bring some bullets heads and cases home, I'm glad I didn't now.

Did my prezzie make it through ok?

:shaun:

I wanted a Hornady cam Lok bullet collet in .172 calibre. (.17 Hornet) I tried many companies in the UK, and finally found one who had one, but it cost £19.50 inc VAT and pp. My good friend in the USA has just got one for me off Ebay for $9.35, and the estimated postage is around $3.5. :|

Thats roughly £8.50. What I don't get is the dealers say they have to pay import duty and delivery etc, what they don't say is that they pay trade not retail, I think a lot of retailers work on 100% mark up on a lot of products.