What would you like to achieve this coming season ??

fenboy

With the new fowling season fast approaching what are your goals for the coming season ?

What would you like to achieve ?

I have some new marshes to shoot this season so would like to bag something from each of them , top of my list for this season still has to be a drake Pintail , I failed miserably in my attempts to get on last season , a foreshore Greylag and Canada would also be most welcome.

Other that that I hope to fit even more flights in and hopefully get to share a good few with friends

Whatever your ambitions good luck for the coming season :good:

Hi

Just being there will be good

A chance at a golden plover would be good I say chance because on my last opertunity I stood watching the birds and forgot to take a shot

Or maybe a tasty shoveler but I hear there rare

All the best

Of

Not rare enough !

I am looking forward to christening my latest purchase, a midland gun company double hammer gun with 3" chambers and like fenboy, I would love to bag a pintail, only ever had two come over me in range but the gun was in the hide and I was out moving decoys :hmmm:

Yes I saw that lucky you !!!

I'm trying really hard not to boast. Who knows, a select few may get an invite! I can't wait to have a mooch about with the gun. I've been told by a local (who incidentally is captain & owner of the Viking Monarch off Trawlermen) that Sanday is really good for duck shooting.

I'm trying really hard not to boast. Who knows, a select few may get an invite! I can't wait to have a mooch about with the gun. I've been told by a local (who incidentally is captain & owner of the Viking Monarch off Trawlermen) that Sanday is really good for duck shooting.

It will be very interesting to see what you make of the shooting there this season.

couple of thigs for me, nothing big

being able to get out there is a big one as im still far from right after breaking my coccyx on 13th septmber last year, i can sit in a car now (with a special cushin) but not sure about sitting on the ground for hours even with an inflatable ring... but ill know tuesday and ive tramadol waiting for the trip home if its bad

dry feets another hope for the season, got what i hope are good waders now so fingers crossed i get more than one trip without a leak

lastly, on my first ever tip i had a greylag, my shooting partner whos shot on the same grounds for years has never had one and for three years ive wound him up over it... so id REALLY like to get another one :)

A picture would be nice, aister.

For me, to enjoy myself on the opportunities I do get and get on top of the dog training in readiness for next season when I can be back out on the coast.

A whitefront would always be appreciated.

I am looking forward to christening my latest purchase, a midland gun company double hammer gun with 3" chambers and like fenboy, I would love to bag a pintail, only ever had two come over me in range but the gun was in the hide and I was out moving decoys :hmmm:

Edited by Penelope

Some varied and interesting replies , my wish is for my old dog to enjoy what will be his last season and my young one will be ready to take over for the following season , although we have got to get through this season first .

I would also like to wish you all a safe and injury free season and hope you can tell us your highs ( and lows ) as and when they happen .

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY .

For me its just getting away from it all - forget about work and babies for a bit and watch the world wake up in eager anticipation of the flight... a drake pintail would be nice as well!

I've got the BBQ on as we speak for a bank holiday fowl fiesta - need to make some room in the freezer... the wife has me on a "one out one in" policy so I can only shoot on Tuesday what we eat tonight!

Good luck and a safe season to all