Gavin Knights

toontastic

After years of missing more than I was hitting and on the recommendation of bakerboy I decided to have a lesson with BASC instructor Gavin.

Before shooting we went through eye dominance, stance, gunfit and mount. Straight away Gavin noticed my gun was slightly too small for me (20mm) so he fitted a temporary modification and off we went to shoot some clays.

I was presented with a mixture of clays and finally I was managing to hit many more than I was missing and the feel of the gun when mounted felt much better ( that extra inch does make all the difference).

I would advice anybody to get at least one lesson to make sure you have the basics sorted and your gun fits you, I only wish I did it years ago.

If anyone from the north of England is after a lesson or two I can recommend Gavin he explains everything so clearly that even a thicko like me can take it in. His contact details can be found on the BASC website.

After years of missing more than I was hitting and on the recommendation of bakerboy I decided to have a lesson with BASC instructor Gavin.

Before shooting we went through eye dominance, stance, gunfit and mount. Straight away Gavin noticed my gun was slightly too small for me (20mm) so he fitted a temporary modification and off we went to shoot some clays.

I was presented with a mixture of clays and finally I was managing to hit many more than I was missing and the feel of the gun when mounted felt much better ( that extra inch does make all the difference).

I would advice anybody to get at least one lesson to make sure you have the basics sorted and your gun fits you, I only wish I did it years ago.

If anyone from the north of England is after a lesson or two I can recommend Gavin he explains everything so clearly that even a thicko like me can take it in. His contact details can be found on the BASC website.

Hi

I am glad the lesson went well.

Gavin is very good Coach, and a nice bloke to be around.

Phoenix Knights, if only, peter Kaye, now he would be fun to teach.

Toontastic you did brilliantly on Friday, minor tweaks and those clays were a breaking.

Thanks baker boy. Always a pleasure to join you on the coaching line. Lowther was great fun.

Bit of focus on coaching in today's basc magazine, I hope we can bring more to the sport we all enjoy so much.