West Mercia/Staffs Police

decoyman

You here so many negative comments re fac issuing problems on here, so was expecting a few hoops to jump, but congrats to the above for a smooth transition on new grant rimmy and cf.

3 month turnaround, which I know is not ideal, but par for course..

Would recommend anyone applying to speak to BASC first and be sure of new procedures.

I have never had any problems with them and they have done quick variations but at the moment I was told on Wednesday when I phoned that they are 14 weeks behind on firearms and even more on shotgun certificate renewals.

I sent my renewal in at least 10 weeks before the renewal date so we will see how long it takes, no good moaning though I am sure they will sort it for me,

Thanks barney

Over 10 weeks waiting so far for a coterminous renewal with West Mercia / Warwickshire and only have days left on my existing certs.

Phoned over 100 times on Friday during the 3 hours a day they actually accept phonecalls and each time was told by the answerphone that all caseworkers were busy - got the distinct impression the phones were off the hook deliberately.

Got a callback later from an FEO as I left 2 messages saying contact me urgently, he agreed to issue me sec 7 permits and told me it will be atleast another 4 month wait.

Good to see the extra revenue from the recent price hike is going towards improving service .... not!

I was told I didn't need anything else while my licence is away, was told buy your bullets just before it runs out (which is next week) and because I got it in early it's not my fault and because they have took my money I was told this means I have entered a contract with the Cheif Constable and therefore there is no problem me having my guns even when my licence runs out.

Hope they are right with this, anybody else's licence run out ? and if so what did you do permits or not ?

Thanks barney

I was told I didn't need anything else while my licence is away, was told buy your bullets just before it runs out (which is next week) and because I got it in early it's not my fault and because they have took my money I was told this means I have entered a contract with the Cheif Constable and therefore there is no problem me having my guns even when my licence runs out.

Hope they are right with this, anybody else's licence run out ? and if so what did you do permits or not ?

Thanks barney

Yes and nothing.

When an organisation bears the crown it works for any amount of rules can be bent or adjusted!!

Unfortunately a section 7 permit does not allow you to possess expanding ammunition if you have any?,

This needs to be lodged with an RFD until you have your new certificate.

You could possibly and respectfully say that if you are forced to do this you will claim back the storage cost from them?