Laporte Bos (fully moderated o/u DT ejector)

Redditch

Okay, had one of these in my hands at the Gunshop a couple of weeks ago, and have now put in the variation for it. Feels really good and very pointable, BUT, even though *********** is supposed to have done a review on them, the only thing I can find is a small piece on air gun BBS, nothing else on the internet about them.

As far as I can make out it's based on a lightweight Fabarm action.

Anyone used one, or have a link to a report or test on them ?

I've ordered it as have a lot of townies moving into my area, and several building new houses on my permissions, and all they ever do is complain about smell of farms, tractors starting early working late, the notice of cattle, the smell of slurry, the flies, the animal noises, and of course THE SHOOTING.

So, try to keep the noise of the shooting down, use one of these with some sub sonics

Edited by Redditch

AFAIK there are no spares available for moderator parts,was based on Fabarm.Not produced for some years,quite short for a moderated gun with close to normal sight picture.Handled one & nearly bought it in 2010 but put off by price(£1000s/h at time) and reports of examples with severe barrel pitting under moderator shroud such as last post in thread below.There was some discussion on the BBs about them a few years ago.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/94146-la-porte-ou-moderated-shotgun/

Yep, first thing I will do is strip the moderator off and clean it properly, and then enter every session clean it too.

Another problem I hear with them is people not cleaning the mods, they coke up, the coke then drops down causing a blockage of the barrels, and hence a pressure bulge or even burst.

This one I'm buying however, "appears"to be in pristine as new condition, so I can just hope it's all AOK

Edited by Redditch