First Green lane

WinchesterDave

I took my Jimny for the first time Greenlaning today and I loved it!! it's completely stock with road tyres and to be quote frank I can't believe I got up some of those rocks...it's an awesome little machine, heard a few scrapes underneath as clearance isn't the best there is but it did me proud :) I was with a 4.7 v8 land cruiser too... air suspension mud tyres and I kept up :)

smiles all round today I think I'll post pictures shortly

yes greenlaning is ace fun!! but the noises do indeed make you think of **** lol....however no damage done to the jimny.

I heard on walker say to my mate who was in the land cruiser. .. you've got more chance getting up here than that, and pointed at me.... this was just after I had climbed up picture number two... so I said "mate; you should see what I've just got up" and just carried on. ..

unfortunately people don't take jimny seriously but it can take on serious terrain ..

how do you find the lanes ?

I fancy giving it a go but I dont fancy going with one of the groups.

the person I went with has been doing it for years and knew of this local one and said he would go with me. however they are on OS maps and are indicated by red lines with white dots in I believe? ? correct that someone please if that is wrong but they are known as BOAT (BYWAY OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC).

I'd recommend it. got talking to two mountain bikers on way back up who had come down it in a camel trophy defender and they were genuinely impressed at how the jimny had got up :)

the person I went with has been doing it for years and knew of this local one and said he would go with me. however they are on OS maps and are indicated by red lines with white dots in I believe? ? correct that someone please if that is wrong but they are known as BOAT (BYWAY OPEN TO ALL TRAFFIC).

I'd recommend it. got talking to two mountain bikers on way back up who had come down it in a camel trophy defender and they were genuinely impressed at how the jimny had got up :)

green crosses for BOATs on my 1:25000

Brilliant little trucks. We have an old one for getting about the shoot. 4x4 packed in a few months ago and we all thought it was a serious diff failure or something. Turned out it was a split vacuum hose near the manifold! A bit of tape, 2 cable ties and 4x4 is working perfectly!

Edited by Wasabi

You'll want to check the local authority's definitive map as not all those listed on OS maps are fair game. Some may have Traffic Restricion Orders on them or have been closed altogether. Driving these is a big no no and reflects badly on all that use lanes so make sure before you drive anything that it's 100% legal.

Love mine,but wish they would bring the diesel to the UK

yes you are very true. I was saying that yesterday 👍

Brilliant little trucks. We have an old one for getting about the shoot. 4x4 packed in a few months ago and we all thought it was a serious diff failure or something. Turned out it was a split vacuum hose near the manifold! A bit of tape, 2 cable ties and 4x4 is working perfectly!

haha awesome!

You'll want to check the local authority's definitive map as not all those listed on OS maps are fair game. Some may have Traffic Restricion Orders on them or have been closed altogether. Driving these is a big no no and reflects badly on all that use lanes so make sure before you drive anything that it's 100% legal.

okay pal, thanks for advice :)

I fancy a crack at this too... hows about we arrange a meet up and get out there!

I used to do a lot on the motorbikes around the peaks but lots of lanes have been closed and tro'd since ive been out.

North wales is probably the best bet and not as many whiney walkers shaking their walking sticks at you!

FAB

If you want to find out where lanes are, you can look on any of the 4x4 forums.

I know TheD2BoysClub forum for LR Discovery has loads on laning.

You can also go on pay and play days where it the lanes are flagged according to how rough the terrain is; Whether you are fully snorkelled up and want to wade in deep rivers or just want to test your expensive truck on some mud and dirt knowing you won't scrape it, theses something for everyone.

I have actually since the weekend looked at how much it'd cost to do a few bits to it, I'd be happy with a small lift and some Mt tyres on and maybe a transfer box guard etc. there is a a 4x4 place near mine who do mods was thinking of going to see them and seeing what's what with price and kit because it's something that I'd love to do and get in to