Looking To Kit Up - Recommendations please.

Insy

I'm looking to slowly gear up for pigeon decoying/shooting for when my SGC goes through.

Basically I'm looking for recommendations from other shooters of good websites and camo clothing/gear.

I basically need everything as I got nothing of my own, camo tops/bottoms/belts/bags/gloves/boots/headwear ... you get the picture.

Uttings site seems to have lots of stuff but there's so much I was wondering if there was anything to avoid due to being utter ****.

Any other sites they have a good variety and possible deals?

Seen a few things but not point ordering **** and being disappointed.

Thanks.

Yer I'm not looking at all those magnets and flappers lol, just want to get the basic camo/luggage/hide setup and a few basics decoys.

I don't have the best permission for decoying anyway but I know there flight lines :D perfect for sitting in a camo net shooting them on way in and out.

Crows on the other hand plenty of them about to decoy.

The pigeons had these real big beans which it had fed on before shot and I know there not planted on this farm, so I can only assume there feeding elsewhere and flying in that line to go roost or something.

Think about what kind of land you will be shooting over. You don't want to be lugging loads of heavy stuff if you've got far to walk. I bought a massive army camo net weighs a tun. I got my jacke Pyke clear view net this weekend it weighs nothing and a pop up hide yet to test the hide.

I got my kit from "the pigeon shooter". I went for the first time yesterday, and it seemed to work. The pigeons were landing amongst my shells anyway.

Things that I have learned:

Expensive poles are worth the extra money as they are so easy to work with.

The see through camo net isn't great against a light background.

The bucket/seat thingies are brilliant.

As has been said, Hide net, 4 hide poles, 12 shells with sticks and a hat with a brim (especially if it is sunny. I would also add a comfortable seat with a back to it. Avoid those nut crusher three legged seats. You'll understand why when you sit down quickly on it. Something like a large bergan or a large bag to carry it all in and you'll be set up. You will need something to carry your shot birds back to the motor in and to keep the flies away from them in warm weather, if we ever get any more. Forget the magnets and flappers for the moment but you might like to use some garden bamboo canes to mount some shot birds as floaters but they can come later.

What works exceptionally well (but unfortunately the chairs don't last long), and folds down nice and small into a shoulder slung pack, is a one man pop up hide.

Saves having to carry a chair, net, and poles. But like I said, I used mine everyday for 4 1/2 months, and then the chair broke (okay, I weigh 100kgs plus when fully kitted up LOL)

That said, how many people use a hide EVERY day (except Sunday's, not allowed to shoot birds on a Sunday here)

They are that good, I've set it up in the middle of a field, and had birds land on it and around it with me sat in it, nothing extra added in the way of camo, just the hide and some decoys spread around

A1 should be getting them in again soon, ask Oscar@A1Decoys on here

Edited by Redditch