Duck Decoys

adi786

Has anyone used fuds or deeks decoys (rubber ones). Am thinking to get deeks decoys, doesn't take much space at all and works well?

Has any one use them or fuds ? Just looking for something which takes less space + less weight as alot walking involved..

Thx

deeks decoys rubber made 6 can fit in pocket

: DeeksGreenHeadsBanner-863x300.jpg

Not seen those deeks one before but cant say I like the look of them ,

Not trying to be Smart or anything' but i think its worth pointing out that sometimes decoys and the like are designed more to catch the Fowlers eye rather than the fowl themselves.

I have never seen them before either or used them' i dont tend to use decoys often nowadays as i much prefer Flighting.. There have been many Fowl shot both ducks and geese' in the past over lesser looking Decoys than them in the photo. I have little doubt that the more realistic a decoy is' the better they should work' but on the other hand Im sure the Ducks would still come for a look-see with the likes of the ones in the photo. I do agree that possibly that them being rubber they wouldnt wear as well as other materials such as plastic or flock coated ones.

Not trying to be Smart or anything' but i think its worth pointing out that sometimes decoys and the like are designed more to catch the Fowlers eye rather than the fowl themselves.

I have never seen them before either or used them' i dont tend to use decoys often nowadays as i much prefer Flighting.. There have been many Fowl shot both ducks and geese' in the past over lesser looking Decoys than them in the photo. I have little doubt that the more realistic a decoy is' the better they should work' but on the other hand Im sure the Ducks would still come for a look-see with the likes of the ones in the photo. I do agree that possibly that them being rubber they wouldnt wear as well as other materials such as plastic or flock coated ones.

I am sure they are , but I would feel more confident shooting over the most realistic decoys I could find and as we all know confidence plays a large part in shooting.

I am sure they are , but I would feel more confident shooting over the most realistic decoys I could find and as we all know confidence plays a large part in shooting.

Yeah' spot on.

However the point I was trying to put across is that often lesser Decoys can be just as good. Wildfowling has always been considered a poor mans Sport' although this is often not the case nowadays..And people on a budget had to use their ingenuity to Compensate for what they could not afford and that is often still the case today.

You good go way back to the time of the native American indians' when they used to form Snow into Goose shapes to try and entice Snowgeese into Range of their Bow and arrows or other Weapons. Even today the Gunner's across the pond will use plastic bags to fill out their patterns' when shooting inland.

As Kent has said he paints some of his decoys black and they work well in bad light. Ive read of a time when fowlers would float dark beer bottles and like to use as a decoy spread and apparently it worked well enough. "Think of the many times you have seen Duck on the move and they looked liked flying Bottles' as you could not see their wings" or look at a bunch of fowl on the water that only looked like black forms.

From homemade Silhouettes to oval shaped flat bits of ply and im sure many other types off imitations have lured Wildfowl into range throughout the years. Wildfowl and particularly Ducks can be curious creatures anyhow.

Of course im straying off topic here and i probably am in the minority with my views' but for me the sport is becoming too perfected for want of a better word. Everyone wants the best gadget on the market' "I am guilty of this myself" should it be decoys,calls whatever the case may be...But when you actually think of all the new gadgets we buy' do we really need some of them..When something new comes on the market' suddenly or so it seems' what we where using before has all of a sudden become No good' despite the fact they where working well enough before the latest new one came on the market. Nothing wrong with my old wooden goose call' but somehow these new acrylic ones look to be better...then suddenly plastic shell decoys are no good once the flock coated ones came on the market.. Of course times change and products are forever improving ' some for the better' But somtimes i feel things are moving to fast and we are losing ourselves and also a lot of field/marsh craft is going with it. After all it is a Sport we love and the Challenges and all that goes with it..But sometimes i cant help feeling that the odds nowadays are more in favour of the Fowler than the actual Widfowl with all the new age gadgets. That is probably why after a lot of Wildfowling in its different guises i have chosen going back to To and enjoy far more the traditional form of flighting fowl at dawn and Dusk. Nothing for me beats Geese or duck high over head with a wind in their tails flighting to and from their feeding grounds. Of course these are only personal views and i have no objection to what anyone else does and doesnt do. And sometimes a Bunch of decoys is the only option to get something in the bag.

Apoligies for going off topic and back to the Op's Question...A good load of teal decoys is a good option as already advised' however you could also have the option of lighting the load with a half dozen magnum/oversized decoys' using the old adage' less is more.

Edited by SuperGoose75