ff5 V's A1 Turbo Flapper

Hi guys

I am considering buy a flapper. Either the FF5 or the A1’s Turbo Flapper.

I am trying to compare the two.

The A1 produced is described very well on their site and I know what I am getting.

I have tried calling Flightlines over the last few days with no joy to ask about the FF5.

Before I make my order, does anyone know what the difference is between:-

1. FF5 Multi Bird Flapper priced at £64.99

1. FF5 "Rapid" Multi Bird Flapper priced at £84.99

1. FF5 "Rapid DC" (dual control) Multi Bird Flapper priced at £94,99

I believe option 1 does not have a random timer/speed controller, but what is the difference between option 2 and 3?

Also, is it necessary to order the Remote control key fob and receiver? What are the advantages?

Does the FF5 come with a battery? If not, what are the best ones to buy?

Also, how does this compare to A1 Turbo flapper? (This is my other option.) If the FF5 really worth the extra cash?

What are the waiting times now on the FF5?

Thanks for your help guys.

POL

Hi guys

The A1 produced is described very well on their site and I know what I am getting.

I have tried calling Flightlines over the last few days with no joy to ask about the FF5.

I believe option 1 does not have a random timer/speed controller, but what is the difference between option 2 and 3?

Also, is it necessary to order the Remote control key fob and receiver? What are the advantages?

Also, how does this compare to A1 Turbo flapper? (This is my other option.) If the FF5 really worth the extra cash?

POL

I hope someone can answer all of these questions I am in the same dilemma

Hi guys

POL

From the website it looks like the 'FF5 Multi Bird Flapper' (£64.99) doesn't have a random timer or speed controller.

At the top of the page and in the main description for the 'FF5 Rapid Multi Bird Flapper' (£84.99) it does say that it comes with an integral speed controller/random timer. However, further down on the very same page, it says in a bullet point that "Random timer/speed controller, are not fitted as standard to this model", and to makes things even more confusing, in the picture it shows that there is a small box attached to the side of the flapper with one turn dial on the side of it, presumably for either a speed controller or random timer?

I own the 'FF5 Rapid DC Multi Bird Flapper (£94.99) and it does have both a random timer and speed controller attached to it in a wee box on the side of the flapper with two turn dials to control them.

Whenever I've emailed Nick he has always been pretty quick to reply so give him a try but it sounds likes he's got his hand full at the moment so might be a bit slow in getting back to you. I didn't bother with the key fob, the random timer does the job and it's one less thing to worry about/break. The FF5 does not come with a battery, if you go on the A1 site they have batteries that will do the job or just look on eBay.

I've only ever used the FF5 so can't really say how they compare with the A1 Turbo Flapper but if I was you, I'd order the FF5 as it sounds like it'll be around 4 months till you receive it and also buy an A1 Turbo Flapper and use that until the FF5 arrives. You can compare them yourself and if the FF5 doesn't live up to it's price tag I'm sure you'll be able to shift it on here quickly as they seem to be in high demand.

Looking further down on the 'Online Store' web page. He has a 'Speed Controller with ON/OFF Control' that looks exactly the same as the box attached to the side of the 'FF5 Rapid Multi Bird Flapper' (£84.99) in the picture. I reckon it comes with a speed controller but no random timer and that's the difference with the 'FF5 Rapid DC Multi Bird Flapper' (£94.99).

Edited by Cyrus1988

Thanks Cyrus1988. And, yes I have spoken with Nick. What a nice guy.

I have ordered by FF5 and you were spot on with your description.

Just the long wait now.

Happy shoiting mate.

POL

Nick is a gentleman amongst Getlemen, I.e he's a gentlemans gentleman.

He is ALWAYS out to help people where he can, he listens to people's complaints and ideas.

EVERY single flapper that comes out of his shop is hand built BY HIM, and all are tested by him before being packed off for delivery.

ALL research and development is done BY HIM too. So, you have an idea or complaint, Nick has then to take time off from production to alter or adjust according to what the idea or complaint was, and then test to make sure that works too.

It ALL takes time, but it's a bit like trying to buy a Rolls Royce or a Holland and Holland or Purdey brand new.

YOU CAN'T get one "off the shelf", you have to order and wait.

BUT, the waiting is well worth it in the end.

Edited by Redditch