Pulsar Digisight N750A

steve_b_wales

Yes they release the X sight before they had iron out all the gremlins. Every time you uploaded a new firmware release you lost your zero. Additionally if you zoomed in your cross hairs started moving to, for example, the bottom right of the screen. Not fair to beta test your product on the consumer as a 'product'.

Anyway enjoy your hols and your new purchase!

Pulsar N750 came this morning,popped it on the 243 and just bore sighted (laser)using the 1 shot facility (impressive)so should at least get on paper tonight & then I will use the 1 shot again to zero live rounds.First impression in daylight is great,crisp and clear and can clearly make the brick work out on the chimney at 150mtr.Will take both the T50 and the NM800 out tonight & compare them with the onboard lazer.

Pulsar N750 came this morning,popped it on the 243 and just bore sighted (laser)using the 1 shot facility (impressive)so should at least get on paper tonight & then I will use the 1 shot again to zero live rounds.First impression in daylight is great,crisp and clear and can clearly make the brick work out on the chimney at 150mtr.Will take both the T50 and the NM800 out tonight & compare them with the onboard lazer.

Good luck with it. Keep me updated. :good:

had the N750 for nearly 3 years and cant fault it ...Shot a fox at 200 yards a couple weeks ago its made a real difference during lambing when the foxes are causing a few problems, not the best magnification but you can certainly ID a fox at 300 yards plus..

Have heard good reports about the Drone NV .. If you want to meet up sometime and look at the N750 just PM me

Well 1st night out with the N750,got to the farm at 7.30 and set a target out to 50mtr,then 100mtr. Zeroing at this distance isn't great as not got the mag like a conventional scope.Still manage to get a group about 1" so really happy,poss next time I zero I will do it in the dark as seen a great tip on YouTube.A guy took his first shot,then put a very small piece of reflective tape over the bullet hole which made it easy to see where he needed to program the cross hair.Anyway it was still light so just had a look about through the scope and it is crystal clear, so I will be happy using it as a day scope.

When it's dark it's brilliant,not keen on the onboard lazer as its only got a range to about 100/150mtrs & very grainy.I took both the T50 and the NM800,gave the T50 a go first. With the T50 it was nice and clear with no grain & the seeing distance was stupid,well over 700mtrs ( don't know about quarry recognition but I could clearly see the hedgerows).Didnt even bother trying the NM as the T50 was way over the top anyhow.Viewed plenty of rabbits and hares out to 150mtrs and was able to tell the difference.Only had one sighting of Charlie though,but nice and clear against the hedgerow at about 250mtrs and again easily recognised.Will get out again tomorrow night and hopefully Charlie will be a bit closer and against a back stop.

Great unit well worth the money but the IR lazer in my opinion is pants over 50 mtrs and it's just too grainy.I found the functions ok and easy to navigate although a little fiddly but once set up there isn't much to fiddle with.The reticules are brilliant & the 1shot zeroing is an awesome feature.

Edited by Davyo

Well 1st night out with the N750,got to the farm at 7.30 and set a target out to 50mtr,then 100mtr. Zeroing at this distance isn't great as not got the mag like a conventional scope.Still manage to get a group about 1" so really happy,poss next time I zero I will do it in the dark as seen a great tip on YouTube.A guy took his first shot,then put a very small piece of reflective tape over the bullet hole which made it easy to see where he needed to program the cross hair.Anyway it was still light so just had a look about through the scope and it is crystal clear, so I will be happy using it as a day scope.

When it's dark it's brilliant,not keen on the onboard lazer as its only got a range to about 100/150mtrs & very grainy.I took both the T50 and the NM800,gave the T50 a go first. With the T50 it was nice and clear with no grain & the seeing distance was stupid,well over 700mtrs ( don't know about quarry recognition but I could clearly see the hedgerows).Didnt even bother trying the NM as the T50 was way over the top anyhow.Viewed plenty of rabbits and hares out to 150mtrs and was able to tell the difference.Only had one sighting of Charlie though,but nice and clear against the hedgerow at about 250mtrs and again easily recognised.Will get out again tomorrow night and hopefully Charlie will be a bit closer and against a back stop.

Great unit well worth the money but the IR lazer in my opinion is pants over 50 mtrs and it's just too grainy.I found the functions ok and easy to navigate although a little fiddly but once set up there isn't much to fiddle with.The reticules are brilliant & the 1shot zeroing is an awesome feature.

Good to hear that you are happy with it. When I get one, (not sure if it will be the N750 or N870) I will try it with my T20 IR and if that's not satisfactory, I'll try my X Searcher IR. I look forward to your next report.

Steve. :good:

Good to hear that you are happy with it. When I get one, (not sure if it will be the N750 or N870) I will try it with my T20 IR and if that's not satisfactory, I'll try my X Searcher IR. I look forward to your next report.

Steve. :good:

I think the T20/T38 will be fine,I'm just going to put the RED neck in the NM800 (use as a spotter)& use the T50 on the N750.Thinking about getting on the phone to Uttings and see what discount I can get on another N750 for the rimfires. Edited by Davyo

Steve

I have a N750A and cant fault it. I use a NM800 and would highly recommend using one as the difference is noticeable.

One shot zero helps get you on target so 5-6 shots any you should be about right.

One thing I would say is that I moved mine from my Howa 1500 to my new X Bolt hunter eclipse and there is not enough adjustment to get the shots on target. probably some alignment issue on the mounts but bearing in mid I have a one piece rail I cant see what is wrong easily. I am going to swap it back over to the Howa as I cant be doing with faffing around.

As you said with the doublers the POI is affected significantly. I have one on a Photon Yukon and it shoots 8" high and 1" left when added to the scope.

If you fancy a trip up to Welshpool I will happily take you out and you can see it "in the flesh" so to speak.

Steve

I have a N750A and cant fault it. I use a NM800 and would highly recommend using one as the difference is noticeable.

One shot zero helps get you on target so 5-6 shots any you should be about right.

One thing I would say is that I moved mine from my Howa 1500 to my new X Bolt hunter eclipse and there is not enough adjustment to get the shots on target. probably some alignment issue on the mounts but bearing in mid I have a one piece rail I cant see what is wrong easily. I am going to swap it back over to the Howa as I cant be doing with faffing around.

As you said with the doublers the POI is affected significantly. I have one on a Photon Yukon and it shoots 8" high and 1" left when added to the scope.

If you fancy a trip up to Welshpool I will happily take you out and you can see it "in the flesh" so to speak.

Mines mounted on the Howa 1500 243, got some Red reflective tape today so going to put an 2inch square on centre of the target.Then when you fire the 1st shot,you stick a small pice over the hole,go back to the rifle and set you chose x hair over this and press to adjust.Seen this little tip on YouTube.Should make it easier to see the target at 100mtrs. Edited by Davyo

Davyo I know of an N750 going second hand , also I sell various night vision scopes Pulsar, Yukon, ect.

if you want to try any your fairly local, just give me a shout.

I was out with an XD75 thermal last night, dropped around 70 rabbits and 10 rats with the HMR, best scope I've used to date for just getting on target and dropping them, I was shooting in foot long grass, my mate was using night vision but it's hopeless in this situation and he struggled to find or see them, if anyone is interested in a demo let me know :)

Edited by Mini Magnum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My N750a scope arrived on time. First impressions are very good. I haven't had chance to try it out properly yet, and have only looked through it, towards the woodland behind my home. One thing I'm not sure about is how to set three different zero's on it. This is the main reason it was bought.

Steve

In the menu option there is an option for 1,2 or 3 (cant remember off hand which of the symbols it is (think it may be the round circle symbol but it only changes between 1,2 and 3). This allows you to set the 3 different zeros and then change the option to suit to rifle. Havent bothered with this myself as scope stays on the .243.

Steve

In the menu option there is an option for 1,2 or 3 (cant remember off hand which of the symbols it is (think it may be the round circle symbol but it only changes between 1,2 and 3). This allows you to set the 3 different zeros and then change the option to suit to rifle. Havent bothered with this myself as scope stays on the .243.

Hi Mike. I haven't looked into this too much to be honest, as I have not even mounted my scope on a rifle yet. The way I read it was that once you have zeroed it on one rifle, you have to remember the coordinates eg X = 19/ Y = 24. As long as these are remembered for that rifle, they can be dialled in after the scope is used on a different one. I may be wrong though. I haven't seen any 1,2 or 3 options to be honest.

Hi Mike. I haven't looked into this too much to be honest, as I have not even mounted my scope on a rifle yet. The way I read it was that once you have zeroed it on one rifle, you have to remember the coordinates eg X = 19/ Y = 24. As long as these are remembered for that rifle, they can be dialled in if the scope is used on a different one. I may be wrong though. I haven't seen any 1,2 or 3 options to be honest.

Steve

If you note the coordinates you can change these to suit the rifle. I will have a look at the options when I get a moment. If you go through all the menu options (I think it is the bottom icon) you can select 1,2 or 3. I am pretty sure that this is the one you are looking for.