Rem .22 rimfire subs

Is anyone or has anyone had trouble with these Bullets?

I bought some today to try, Winchester and Eley were fine in my old Brno today.

I only tried eight the first was fine, second made loud crack in breach end and then smoke and **** came out past the bolt. 3&4 were ok, then all the rest went off like the first, with the last one being the worst for gases getting back to my eyes and noise. (like high velocity going off).

At this point I thought I'd give it best and stop. Anyone got any ideas or is it a bum lot.

Cases came out scorched and discoloured all up one side of the outside :hmm: .

they are the most incosistent type of ammo both their target 22lr rounds golden bullets and their subs

every round sounds different and like you say the cases have scorch marks on found them to not work in any .22 rifle

I've had, their high velocity h/p cyclone's are just the same as the fmj's and subs.

Just bought a large batch of Remmy subs so will report back when I try them out , but their HMR ammo seems very batch dependant. As above, QC seems to be going out the window, at least where HMR is concerned (different topic|). I swear by Eley or RWS subs for .22 usually but we'll see what the Remmy stuff shoots like.

Absolutely abysmal quality wise-bought a couple of boxes 3-4 years ago and never again-guys at Northampton gun co tested 20 for me and confirmed that they were faulty but the dealer I bought them from assured me they were fine after testing another 20 (didn't mention I had already had them tested)-no need to risk buying carp bullets when you can buy RWS or Eley.

Never had any joy my self from them. In the 80's the yellow jacket was good but that was then.

The leaking breach pressure is a sign of delayed ignition of the powder. The primer is knocking powder and bullet out the case, it stops and then the powder burns however the case has not sealed the chamber by expanding normally.