Eley Amber Cartridges

Romes

Used these for the first time last weekend as we ran out of Hull Pro Fibre's whilst we (Girlfriend and myself) were out shooting Clays.

I know they have been about for some time, and that there was another thread by someone that worked for Eley? But I don't and am just saying that I thought they were pretty good in terms of Recoil and performance, the colour is not to my taste but I just try to eject them into the cartridge bucket as quick as possible :)

They were £5.30 per 25 at the club so not bank breakers.

Clarissa (Girlfriend) found them and me using them highly amusing but she did well with them too, I think the lower recoil helped her.

Anyone else have any views on these?, What others do you find to be good?

Roman

The wife has tried them but she thought they had more of a kick than our usual fiochhis. Now we just stick to fiochhi 24gram fibre wad top ones. One of the best carts we have used in terms of price, recoil and consistency of each cart.

Not one faulty cart in over 10,000.

Got a slab of the new Eley firsts and had two dodgy carts so

they are still having problems. I said I'd never use another Eley product after the last problems we had with them and their shady advert which they got found out on here!

I shoot a fair few just because its a 70mm cart and can reload them! they do have more of a kick than a comp x or first light but they will cycle my 1100 99% of the time as well as not being harsh in the sxs and I have had some long kills on them. I dont know if they sorted the fiber issue, had a few wonky wads but on plastic now and nothing wrong so far.

The wife has tried them but she thought they had more of a kick than our usual fiochhis. Now we just stick to fiochhi 24gram fibre wad top ones. One of the best carts we have used in terms of price, recoil and consistency of each cart.

Not one faulty cart in over 10,000.

Got a slab of the new Eley firsts and had two dodgy carts so

they are still having problems. I said I'd never use another Eley product after the last problems we had with them and their shady advert which they got found out on here!

Hmm, have heard and seen that the build quality of the Eleys can be a bit shoddy :unhappy:, If I can find someone that stocks them locally I will give them (Fiocchi) a try.

Bought 2 slabs for the 20b as that was all the ground had at the time. The Good Lady and I don't get on with them as we'll as others. We have also had at least 4 misfires with them :no:

That's not good :no:

I tried a box of Eley Ambers and was suprised how much recoil they had, as Del T suggested Fiocchi in 24gm are quite soft.

I have shot thousands of RC 2's a plaswad in 24gm in 8's these are very soft to shoot and break clays very well.

Thats funny - they are "supposed" to have less recoil :hmm: . May have to have a look at some different cartridges :)

Edited by Romes

The best thing is to buy a few boxes of different carts. You would be surprised how much 24gram carts can differ. We have been very happy with the fiochhis.

I think Eley need to stop cutting corners and do the job right instead of just re launching the firsts and calling them "select".

We have had lots of wonky wads, once we got to a fibre only ground to open a slab which were fibre to find mixed boxes of fiber and plastic. Some were even stamped fibre on the carts and when cut open they were plastic wads.! E-mailed them to get no reply but they could find the time to come on here and do a post!!

I agree with those saying the Ambers are punchy. I tried a few a friend had and was really surprised at the recoil. I usually use 24g as my staple either Hull HV Inter Comp or the Gamebore Evo. I do also use quite a few 28g that I nick from the hubby and he uses the cheapest ones he can get at the time usually English sporters which are punchy but I found them similar to the Ambers. I also agree that the Fiocchi cartridges mentioned above although I have used the 28g ones are very nice and they were cheaper for me to buy than the English Sporters but harder to get where I am.

The best thing is to buy a few boxes of different carts. You would be surprised how much 24gram carts can differ. We have been very happy with the fiochhis.

I think Eley need to stop cutting corners and do the job right instead of just re launching the firsts and calling them "select".

We have had lots of wonky wads, once we got to a fibre only ground to open a slab which were fibre to find mixed boxes of fiber and plastic. Some were even stamped fibre on the carts and when cut open they were plastic wads.! E-mailed them to get no reply but they could find the time to come on here and do a post!!

I have bought lots of different cartridges over the years but haven't found one I actually really like yet, the closest is Hull Pro Fibre but I think I will have a look at Fiocchi if I can find a stockist.

Have heard and seen on the net that there have been cases of dodgy cartridges - not good.

on my last box superbs had a few misfires with these just bought 1000 fiocci sporting. £187.

Again not good (misfires), £187 for 1000 is a decent price :)

• 2 weeks later...