Tonight's foxing

Redditch

So, set up tonight at just gone 22:00 as a fox due at 23:30 and then some more.

Was planning to sit till 00:00-00:30 max, but in the end decided to sit till 02:00 and see what extra I could get.

Was scanning every 2-3 minutes, but was difficult, as the ground was very damp, so mist rising and fogging the scope lens and the IR lamp lens, meaning I had to Defog every time I scanned, and within a minute it was fogged up again.

However, I stuck it out, and at 23:10 noticed one running away like an express train from the bait, so gave him a quick squeak and he stopped to look. Bang, straight between the front legs and he was down. Went to look for him, but in the stubble walked straight past him a good 30 metres. However, turned around, and his eyes glinted in the lamp, so recovered.

Then at 23:10 another glinted from the hedge, but no matter how much I squeaked, he wouldn't come out, just moved 10 metres along the hedge, then looked again each time.

Couldn't take the shot, as a herd of cattle in the field behind, so had to let that one go for another night.

Then at 00:45 another, same game, looked, moved, but wouldn't come out, so he's for a nan other night too.

Was expecting another at 01:18 and bang on the dot saw him crossing the field to the bait like an express train. Squeaked him, he stopped to look, and bang, he went down too.

Stayed till 02:00 but nothing more came (another due at 03:30) but my back was killing me, so called it a night.

post-39481-0-77848600-1442111148_thumb.jpg

post-39481-0-46321000-1442142920_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redditch

Right, just checked video footage from last night.

Not counting the two I shot, and the two that peeked from the hedge but wouldn't come, there are at LEAST another 4-5 foxes coming between 03:00 and 05:15, SO, electric blanket ON, batteries charged, then make a thermos of coffee, and off to bed at 09:00 as the alarm clock will go again at 01:00, so I can walk the dogs and feed them, then go to the field and set up by 02:00

Just hope it's not raining, as it's bad enough with the scope and IR light misting all the time (God, I miss having a sunshade on this scope, would cure the misting problem), without having rain too.

If it's raining, I think I will just go back to bed LOL