social media and FEO

30-06hunter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I run a syndicate and we have a closed site on FB,we have an agreed policy that only pictures of phesants shot & group photos be posted & only stuff related to the syndicate.I control the foxes ( syndicate related)but I don't post pictures of the ones I shoot purely as some of the damage a 90gr bullet can cause may offend a member.

Regarding PW I once posted a picture of a rabbit I had shot (head shot) with a FAC AIR just to settle an argument between 2 members as one was arguing with the other that FAC wasn't capable.The picture I admit was petty graphic,but I got slated for it ( and that's on a sodding shooting forum) to the point I felt I had to remove it.I think the point the op is making is that some FEO's might have this same view that although we control vermin we shouldn't display it like some sort of trophy.

Oh and PW has its fair share of anti's

Edited by Davyo

Surely it is as simple as:

Are you breaking any law by posting the pictures ?

Are you breaking the terms of your licence?

Now surely if your anwer is No to these its irrelevant and not of concern to the licencing authority ? Or have I got this wrong ?

Does anyone even have any licencing conditions set upon them in regards images and postings on the internet ?

Surely things can't be made up off the cuff, they would have to be fully approved and detailed and written down conditions laid out from the start.

I would be curious to hear a response from BASC on this also as I can't see anything in the Home Office guidelines !

Facts is what we need rather than hearsay before folk start worrying!

ATB

Matt

Yep and that's why hunting will never come back,they do themselves more damage than the anti's and play right into their hands.I had a huntsman telling me I shouldn't be shooting foxes,when asked why they are on our land,he replied because we want them left for the hunt😚

An intersting article given the recent discussion.

Had he just posted the video minus the gun then I would say he was harshly judged and should challenge the police, given that he had his gun in the video then would suggest it is a bit of naive stupidity on his part and inviting trouble upon himself.

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/champion-clay-pigeon-shooter-loses-firearms-certificate-due-to-facebook-prank-47394#kF7A5eJOPLVIvXXQ.01

An intersting article given the recent discussion.

Had he just posted the video minus the gun then I would say he was harshly judged and should challenge the police, given that he had his gun in the video then would suggest it is a bit of naive stupidity on his part and inviting trouble upon himself.

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/news/champion-clay-pigeon-shooter-loses-firearms-certificate-due-to-facebook-prank-47394#kF7A5eJOPLVIvXXQ.01

How is that different to someone who just saw him do something irresponsible making a complaint? Not really a social media issue. He downed a bottle of vodka whilst his shotgun was out of the cabinet and in his possession.

How is that different to someone who just saw him do something irresponsible making a complaint? Not really a social media issue. He downed a bottle of vodka whilst his shotgun was out of the cabinet and in his possession.

In terms of his behaviour I agree it is no different, however in the article it was reported that due to his Facebook post the police noticed his behaviour and then acted to revoke his cert'. So very much a case of it being a social media issue.

Had he just posted the video of him necking half a bottle of vodka and no gun then I think it would be wrong to revoke his tickets, however as he had his gun with him then it is irresponsible behaviour.