Last night's foxing

Redditch

So, set up on the field tonight at 23:45, and the first fox appeared at the bottom of the field at 00:10, but even though the IR was on just a glow, as soon as it touched him, he was off, and didn't come back.

The next one appeared on the top hedgerow at 00:30 but that too was extremely wary, going backwards and forwards sniffing around, and not committing to the bait.

Again, I 2 as on just a glow, so could just see the outline, but as soon as she clocked the I she started to backtrack.

Took the IR off her and turned it up so I would be able to see her to take the shot. Until now she hadn't turned her eyes towards me, just the glow of the IR on the ground was enough to spook her.

Soon as the brighter (still not very bright) IR hit her she took off like a shot.

Squeaked her and she stopped for a couple of seconds and I got a bead on her, and as I squeezed off she took off again. So I hit her 4-5 inches behind where I aimed.

She did a couple of turns and tried to run further but dropped dead.

A nice vixen, and one of the wiley ones I've been after for months too, so well chuffed

post-39481-0-05324600-1442396544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redditch

well done mate good result anyway ,we saw 5 last night all would off been dead had we took 223 instead of .22 rf for bunnies.I believe its something to do with the wavelength of the ir 850 /940 ect some animals cannot see certian ones but others spook them saw video on the tube about it

Edited by remmy1100