New van

besty57

Hi all .im in the market for a new or newish van early in the new year.so I'm after any good ,or bad points.atm I have a 62plate d max but because of the amount of tools I carry this really isn't big enough at thr moment.so I was thinking of ,a transit sized van ie the new custom.or Renault traffic or vivaro,I've had a couple of berlingos before but they aren't big enough to carry an 8x4 sheet,so can any one give me any advice,and any good deals they know about! .as not sure whether to buy or lease.cheers,Alan

I've recently bought a transit custom limited lwb. Fantastic! Lovely to drive, all the toys fitted so makes long journeys enjoyable. It seems to be pretty good on fuel too. Easily fit 2.7m lengths in the back and up to 3.5m pipes if you use the lift up flap in the bulkhead and under the seats.

I steered away from lease and ch due to my mileage as it's normally pretty high so incurs penalties. Think ford lease charge 7p a mile over an agreed amount. I ended up buying privately and got a 64 plate with 6000 on the clock. Got the guy down to 15,500 +vat. Came with a rhino 11 bar roof rack and fully racked out in perfect condition. Very happy with that as it was exactly what I needed. Ford dealers wanted £24,000 and a wait of 12-16 weeks for delivery.

Bought 2 trafic/primastar from Manheim this year 13/14 plates big saving on any dealer price exactly as described and really if you get your head round buying at auction its a no brainer as there under manufacturing warranty so you have no worry for any major issue.......

Edited by millrace

I have always owned Vw vans and love them.

I've had

2 -T4's

2-T5's

A caddy pick up

Caddy van

2-foxes

Between me and the ex we rolled a fox and T5 but came out unhurt and my 04 plate T5 managed £8k out the insurance for 79k miles and 8 years old which isn't bad when I paid £15 for it + vat .

I've only broke simple things like a turbo pipe at £40 ,door handle and bulbs.

I've had water pumps go at 55k miles on all of them but wouldn't buy anything else

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...