R10 silencer

Whitetail

I've bought a r10 super carbine that has the vc silencer. The rifle is shooting really well apart from I think the silencer is not that effective, is the huub shroud that much quieter or is there a better alternative

I can't speak to whether it is quieter than the vc as I have never heard the vc in use, but mine is certainly very quiet. Plus it looks the danglies!!

Edited by marnold

I've bought a r10 super carbine that has the vc silencer. The rifle is shooting really well apart from I think the silencer is not that effective, is the huub shroud that much quieter or is there a better alternative

My R10 started off as a VC and I then put a Huub shroud on. It was noticeably quieter with the huub on it. It's also a touch shorter was well :) Unlike some shrouds, you can't fit an extra silencer on the end, but you really don't need to. The huub's expensive, but I'd say it's worth it.

Thanks for the advice , it looks like I'm going to be investing in a huub shroud. Ive got a number of small spinneys that I shoot pigeons in that I would normally use a fac rapid but it's mainly close range shooting a max of 40yds and a 12ftp pre charge is ideal, I went yesterday evening shot 13 pigeons and a magpie a good way to christen the rifle.