Removing masking tape from paintwork

scotslad

Alright Just a quick 1

Wot is the best/easiest way to remove masking tape from a car body?

Doing a bit of a repair job on a damaged repairable i've bought and i stupidly left some masking tape on over night as had some more spraying to do the next day. The stuff's stuck well on now and a pure ****** to get off.

I've tried meths and petrol, and the petrol does seem to help but still a lot of work. Is there any easier ways?

I should add its only a temp fix the now so even if slightly harsh won't matter too much althou was hoping to avoid thinners as that will take the paint off, or am i better just reaching for the thinners?

Cheers

Aye althou the paper side is not coming away all that easily either.

School boy error and i should of known better. Decent masking tape too so sticking well.

I will try WD40 or hot water, tried soaking it in cold and it never helped (possibly made it worse)

I may yet have the angle grinder back at it.

Not entirely happy with the shape but 100 times better than it was, spent last wknd welding nuts and angle iron or drilling holes in it and attaching my tirfor/trees to it to try and pull out the body work, also working my way throu a 3.5l tub of filler. More filler than metal on the back end now. But just a cheap work/shooting motor.

Still got 1 bad dent to pull yet, right on the sill/back corner of cab going to be a nightmare to get anywhere near right.