Getting grown up

fenboy

My new pup Drake is now just over 6 months old , he has grown quickly and is now a inch or more taller than my other Lab Milo.

After all the trials and tribulations with Milo's training I am pleased to say what little I have done with Drake is going very well indeed .

His recall is very good and he will sit and stay nicely , I have done a small amount of steadyness work with him which went well also.

Earlier this week I introduced him to gunfire with no issues .

Training has been no longer than 5 mins or so at a time , having another dog I am in no rush with this one and will be doing nothing too serious until the spring

So all in all I am very happy with the way things are going and he is looking like he will make a nice dog :good:

IMAG0252_zpsjhxclmng.jpgP1000397_zpso5dqjwmx.jpg

IMAG0251_zpsdtmusze8.jpg

P1000395_zpshatvauer.jpg

Edited by fenboy

My lab goes in with the koi most days

He has gotten the message they are not to be fetched

I can't feed them when he is about mind as he thinks stolen food is the best tasting lol

I tried steadying him up at feed times but it was too darn stressful for us both! His two most favourite things together only a lunge away and all that