Semi-Auto question - Browning/Benelli/Beretta

Cawdor118

Guys, my father and I are after a couple of semi autos for wildfowling / pigeons.

I have had a Stoeger before and it was the worst thing I have ever purchased. I think this is what has put me off Benelli's inertia system so much... Unreliable, jamming and failing to fire 'carp'. I know some people swear by them, but I just can't get over the deamons in my head.

The old man is fancying either a Benelli M2 or a Browning Maxus - 26"

I fancy a Beretta Xtrema 2 / A400 Xtreme - 26"

What are your thoughts? What would you go for? Are my thoughts biased by the failings of Stoeger? Are they exactly the same as a M2 internally?

Does anyone have any spare they want to part with?

Cheers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the A400 Xtreme, very pleased with it. Quality build, shoulders and points well and the recoil is excellent.

It's not the lightest gun, but it's well balanced.

Stripping down and cleaning is a doddle, I can strip it right down including trigger mechanism in under a minute.

The finish is lovely and the barrel has no glare.

Highly recommended

Out of the guns you have listed the xtrema 2 would be the one I would go for bomb proof and does not suffer some of the faults a lot of the modern berettas seem to be getting..

I currently use a Remington Versamax and its now into its third season without a single jam or miss feed and I use it a lot , so may also be worth consideration.

I have the A400 Xtreme, very pleased with it. Quality build, shoulders and points well and the recoil is excellent.

Stripping down and cleaning is a doddle, I can strip it right down including trigger mechanism in under a minute.

Highly recommended

What length of barrel does it have? I want a 26" but I have never seen one on guntrader

Highly recommended

+1

Beretta man myself but only like the old ones, my mate has a Winchester SX3 and swears by it, I just hate plastic stocks although I understand their functionality etc etc, you can't beat a 303, the 391 with 3" chamber would be my choice if I had to have some modern fangled thing

Edited by sishyplops