You lucky lucky thing

Farma Geddon

Inland on greys. Wąs my mate , just a few yards from me.

A need for a quick eye wipe if ever their was one :lol:

whats the orange collar thing?

A identification collar , a few unscrupulous shooters in the norfolk area have resorted to shooting tame farm yard geese so the farmers have been putting collars on them

A need for a quick eye wipe if ever their was one :lol:

A identification collar , a few unscrupulous shooters in the norfolk area have resorted to shooting tame farm yard geese so the farmers have been putting collars on them

Absolut rubbish 😚

Everyone knows its to stop them eating the fish when you keep them on your ornamental pond

😋😂

That collar possibly comes from Orkney. That old bird may have flown a good way.

I shall send the details off and see.

Well done to your mate. If it was shot not far from W where Jules used to live there is a good chance it was ringed in Norway/Denmark and had been to Orkney.

Was seen near W last few days of August and turned back up approximately 10 days ago

A few years back I bagged a grey that had both a neck and foot ring.

I cant remember who I sent the information off to but when they replied I was told the age and dates of when the rings were applied and it was confirmed that the neck ring was put on in the Orkneys and the foot ring in Caithness.

I did post the info on PW but I cant find it.

The purpose of the larger neck ring is for identification from a distance with a good set of binos it was in order to track the movement of the goose.