New Boy in Town

kippylawkid

My faithful old dog has had a terrible year health wise and as a result is unlikely to work again for me. He might manage the odd day in the pigeon hide but his shooting and beating days are gone I'm afraid. As a result I will likely be dogless this coming season - something I am dreading. However, I have invested in the next generation and would like to introduce Stan. He's now 14 weeks and coming on a treat, full of devilment and mischief!

post-305-0-80719800-1443095852_thumb.jpg

thats nice...............has he got any "lafette tolley" blood in the pedigree ?

Not sure ditchman, he's got a lot of red type. I'll check his papers tonight.

Thanks for the comments lads. The pic was taken a few weeks ago so he's filled out quite a bit since then. I'm chuffed to bits with him. He's testing the barriers with my better half - so me and him are permanently in the kennel!

aahhh ..hah..........i have always had Lafette Tolley ...in the blood lines the one you see is a bitch several years ago...Lafette Tolley are or tend to be long lived dogs...the bitch you see is 13.5 years and still sits in the hide with me not often tho

Word of warning tho'....trailers tend to keep clear of them as they are hard hunters....they wont come back until they have found something for you....they work to please you ..they dont work for themselves....very trainable in the early years but a little wilful later on.... you can see the coloring...i think yours will still darken up..........

post-11401-0-76139100-1443373956_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-80270000-1443373980_thumb.jpg

Great pics Ditchman It's good to see that Norfolk still leads the world in fashionable hats, the one your wearing in the first picture will have jDog green with envy :)

dont tell him and he will never know..................................i think KIPPYLAWKID has a lot to look forward to............they are a good all round dog.....

Brilliant pics ditchman, thanks for sharing them - hats are decent too!

A good pal of mine bred him. He is from a light coloured bitch and a very dark (and extremely handsome) fox red FTCH dog. My pal is very particular on blood lines and he waited a long time to get his bitch lined by this dog. He also reckons Stan will go darker as he gets older too.

I won't be trialling him, if he turns out to be an all-round grafter that puts birds in the bag I'll be more than happy with that.

Thanks to all for the comments - I'll hopefully be able to post Stan's progress on here.