lead free pellets

tigger got stichs

As the police can test it with any pellet, it's always best to allow a little more leeway, and yes, you would be in breach of the law if the pellet they chose put your gun above 12 ftlbs

This

The old bill can test with anything and if what they use produces more than 12ft lbs...... just isnt worth the hassle. Dial it in a bit lower to be safe

If they could fit a brick in it and fire it they would. ?. My rifles are .177 and running at 11.5 on blisley mags

I would get it running on a heavy pellet at 11.5 and no more that way you should stay at a safe level

Imo the difference between 11.5 to 11.9 just is not worth the risk for a extra .4 it makes no difference in real terms to range or accuracy or being able to have clean kills.

atb.

im running 11.5 with aa diabolo 16gr the gamo pba is only 9.8gr and produces only 9.5 ftlb at the aa settings . I can't use my shot gun because of the noise and I will be selling the pigeons on for meat for hawks ect so need to be lead free why if I have the gun set specifically for use with alloy ammo and am stopped with said gun and alloy ammo can't they use there ******* common sense and use the ammo I'm using coz its pretty obvious I'm using it for a reason and not lead

You have to remember! Unless your rifle is regulated, the odds are you will have variation on each shot! You could do a string of 5 shots over the chrono at say 11.7 - 11.9FPE then one could spike and send you over the 12FPE limit.

Sticking at 11.5 or slightly lower should decrease this risk considerably!

im running 11.5 with aa diabolo 16gr the gamo pba is only 9.8gr and produces only 9.5 ftlb at the aa settings . I can't use my shot gun because of the noise and I will be selling the pigeons on for meat for hawks ect so need to be lead free why if I have the gun set specifically for use with alloy ammo and am stopped with said gun and alloy ammo can't they use there ******* common sense and use the ammo I'm using coz its pretty obvious I'm using it for a reason and not lead

In the eye of the law! If you were to ramp it up for your alloy pellet, then your reason for doing so is irrelevant! It still puts the power up if it were to be used with what THEY test it with. If you have a decent size perm I would suggest having a word with the land owner explaining your issues and ask if he would consider you applying for a FAC!

That way you can legally use the gun ramped up as long as the land is cleared.

Just a possible option!

Use lead , head shoot the pigeons , pull the head off and sell them headless , simples :good:

First of all, have you tried pba pellets? I haven't found a lead free alternative yet that is worth using.

As others have said though, if your rifle gets tested it will be tried with a range of pellets including the ones you have on you, anything in lead will be more efficient than any green or pba rubbish so relying on the argument of only testing the pellets you're using is a big mistake.