First day on the geese.

pigeonblasterian

I had a nice invite off me mate Les to have a go at shooting a few geese today with him and me mate Paul.

So met up this morning at 0530 and then it was across the fields to get set up in the dark.

We got set up and settled down and waited for the geese to show.

They started flighting around 0630 and we soon had a few.

We had some cracking shots between us and soon started to get a decent tally.

This was my first day on the geese this season and what a top day it was.

I don`t think any of us expected a good day like today.

Hopefully we can get a few more days like today or even better it with a bit of luck. :yes:

And we ended up with 18 Greylag and 24 Canada geese.

DSC_0054_zpsp0f7ub5f.jpg

dbd77aa1-0f87-4bc0-9ca2-095b11da1176_zps

Hopefully we can get a few more days like today or even better it with a bit of luck.

So you Don't think 14 Geese per gun is enough !!!!!!!! Or do you think 120+ bags of Geese Shot in July/August on Stubbles being claimed as crop Protection with Les is what your looking for !!!!!! Well I for one certainly hope the antics Wright up's and Pictures your mate posts on HTL forum DON'T start clogging PW

Hopefully we can get a few more days like today or even better it with a bit of luck.

So you Don't think 14 Geese per gun is enough !!!!!!!! Or do you think 120+ bags of Geese Shot in July/August on Stubbles being claimed as crop Protection with Les is what your looking for !!!!!! Well I for one certainly hope the antics Wright up's and Pictures your mate posts on HTL forum DON'T start clogging PW

This is a shooting and country sports forum.

If the sight of dead animals offends you then what are you doing on here.

i don't shoot geese but a farm i shoot pigeons and rabbits on have been plagued by geese for the last 10 years half striping the feilds since les started controlling the geese the farmer as been very happy with his results whats youre problem have all the geese got to be shot wild fowling 2 shots and i am on my way home .forgot to mention les also shot some ducks on a splash HES BEEN FEEDING you will have seen that on the THL i guess thats ok

As suspected Leslie's little Army of Mouth Pieces.

There is plenty PW members who shoot plenty of Geese MYSELF included but don't find the need to go posting and boasting about it.

As for crop protection I've for over 40 years dealt with Thousands upon Thousands of Geese NOT the few Greylag and Canada geese you shoot.

Could you enlighten me as to what Damage any Goose does to Stubble !!!!!

Edited by 6.5x55SE

As suspected Leslie's little Army of Mouth Pieces.

There is plenty PW members who shoot plenty of Geese MYSELF included but don't find the need to go posting and boasting about it.

As for crop protection I've for over 40 years dealt with Thousands upon Thousands of Geese NOT the few Greylag and Canada geese you shoot.

Could you enlighten me as to what Damage any Goose does to Stubble !!!!!

Same amount of damage a pigeon does and they get shot on it. :yes:

I saw it s a celebration not boasting.

These great noble birds are a joy to see and hear, especially grey lag, they remind me of my first times in Scotland.

However. There numbers are great and in some places they can strip a field, a stubble field usually is worked by the farmer and new shoots soon appear, the same geese return!

Each to their own, let's just stay calm.

so why moan[/size][/font]

Perhaps if you read my first post I asked questions !!!!!

In the past I've seen posted on THL by LHG and his followers Geese are pests so you can use lead as Geese are Pests! !!!!! Geese are Pests so you can shoot them anytime !!!! You can sell Geese as they are classed as pests the same as Pigeon !!!!!

Also if anyone dares to point out these people are Wrong or breaking the Law out comes the Abuse and Threats !!!!

Again in my FIRST post I stated " I for one Hope the Antics Wright ups and pictures posted on THL don't Clog up PW " Not word for word but along those lines.

42 geese between 3 guns. Fair enough. Incidently, at what point do think you think you would say 'I think that's probably enough. I might stop'? Do you just keep going? Are they a serious pest on the stubble or is this preventative culling? We don't have geese anything like this here other than brent. I had a go at pinks in Scotland a few years ago. There were thousands, but I don't think they could be classed as pests.

As long as the birds don't go to waste and the meat is eaten, then it looks like a good days sport :good:

If however you are just out to shoot as many as you can and throw the carcasses away then you have been out for a days culling and I personally wouldn't post about it.

Either way you have had a good day and hopefully all the meat (not just your's) is in the fridge/freezer.

Again perhaps if or had you read and understood my replys/posts Propally I am fully aware of how troublesome Geese can be at time's as I've stated for over 40 years I have shot Geese on Large Estates where the Geese numbers are in Thousands not a few hundred.

It's how the OP/Mate goes about doing it I have issues with and I have already this pointed out.

But for some unknown reason all I see is replys not relevant to facts I've stated. Your statement I've quoted just being one of them.

If you read other people's post you will see no one is in disagreement with you, but you fail to recognise that people have their own way of doing things, it might not sit well with you but thats irrelevant.

Edited by E.w.