Multi Crow traps and small bird feeders

This may sound a silly question

But is it legal to use a ladder/multi crow trap to protect bird feeders from crows (mainly Jackdaws)?

I have bought a ruin out in the sticks in some woodland to do up and set up a few feeding stations for small birds, the Jackdaws quickly found them and would finish food as quick as i put it out. Because i'm not living there shooting was not a real option.

Going to eventually fence round feed stations to make crow proof.

But can i use a ladder trap to make semi crow proof for the moment? And if the Jackdaws do start eating the food i can then trap them.

Assuming i'm complieing with all other rules etc (trap numbered (in scotland), checked 24hrs, perch, water, shelter etc) is it legal to use small bird feeders to trap crows?

I know u cannot use any other bird as a decoy, but that is more for larsen traps (or atleast the way i understood it)

So if they're is a load of small birds flying in/out of the trap could they be described as call/bait birds?

And is there any chance of me catching more non target species that would be attracted to small birds like that

Ps Also if trap was set do u think small birds would still be able to find there way out? It is sort of 'V' shaped at top with ladder on the low part of V and wire net hanging down.

Would not want to trap any small birds in trap alongside the Jackdaws that could not get out easily

Make it crow proof, not a trap, if you are in Scotland and make it a trap and don't keep within the law you are looking at a criminal charge when an anti finds it and they are everywhere.

But that is exactly wot i'm asking?

I already have the trap made and not doing anything this time of year so thought it would be a handy use for it.

Was meaning to leave the ladder and door of it intially and see wot happens and only set it if crows start to bother it.

And as door off and no ladder it does not have to be checked as not set, if i shut door and put ladder on but closed gaps to make it crow proof would i not have to check it every 24hrs as technically 'set'?

As the wee birds can fly in out would/could they be classed as decoy birds?

Personally if they can come and go i don't think they should be classed as decoys but wondered wot others thought

But that is exactly wot i'm asking?

I already have the trap made and not doing anything this time of year so thought it would be a handy use for it.

Was meaning to leave the ladder and door of it intially and see wot happens and only set it if crows start to bother it.

And as door off and no ladder it does not have to be checked as not set, if i shut door and put ladder on but closed gaps to make it crow proof would i not have to check it every 24hrs as technically 'set'?

As the wee birds can fly in out would/could they be classed as decoy birds?

Personally if they can come and go i don't think they should be classed as decoys but wondered wot others thought

Because you have excluded any bird that can not fly in and out of the mesh or ladder it is no longer a trap and therefore you would be legal. On a much smaller scale, it's no different to a squirrel proof feeder.

I would suggest fixing the ladder with something, like screws, to stop interfearence and add weight to your legality.