Canadas,Greys and hybrids

Tony G

Myself and a couple of mates have been watching a barley stubble that has been getting plenty of geese on it,especially in the evenings Last night we decided to give it a go There is a old pond in the middle of the field so we set up there which meant we were facing exactly the way they have been coming from Out went my 50 pinkfoot decoys(these are the only ones I have) in two groups with a big hole in the middle for them to aim at At half 6 the first skein appeared,I got on the call and they came straight up the field and into the deeks Four down and while my dog was on a runner more were coming Managed to get the dog in but that skein just went straight by Ten minutes later and another skein coming straight up the field,Greys this time Again I got on the call but they looked then changed their minds Passing my side of the hide I dropped 2 and the dog bought me back a pure Grey and a Canada Grey hybrid More canadas coming now and 4 down from this bunch Then it went quiet for a bit Twenty minutes later and another 3 skeins coming up the field These started to decoy lovely but flared at the last minute but we got 2 out of them There were now geese flying around in all directions as the ones that had passed us earlier had gone onto a lake behind us and were now up and circling the field but high Another bunch came up the field looking like they were going to decoy but drifted wide at the last minute It was getting dark now and the moon was well up Still geese were moving and another bunch came up the field a bit higher and not looking like they were going to decoy They came over lovely and we dropped another 2 and the dog bought me another hybrid So 14 down now between us and we decided to call it a day As I was picking up the decoys the dog bought me another Canada that was laid in amongst them Must of missed that one while I had put him on a runner earlier I'm guessing the dead one in the pattern was what stopped those last few bunches decoying so well So 15 between 3 of us and one knackered dog ! Happy days !

Edited by Tony G

Myself and a couple of mates have been watching a barley stubble that has been getting plenty of geese on it,especially in the evenings Last night we decided to give it a go There is a old pond in the middle of the field so we set up there which meant we were facing exactly the way they have been coming from Out went my 50 pinkfoot decoys(these are the only ones I have) in two groups with a big hole in the middle for them to aim at At half 6 the first skein appeared,I got on the call and they came straight up the field and into the deeks Four down and while my dog was on a runner more were coming Managed to get the dog in but that skein just went straight by Ten minutes later and another skein coming straight up the field,Greys this time Again I got on the call but they looked then changed their minds Passing my side of the hide I dropped 2 and the dog bought me back a pure Grey and a Canada Grey hybrid More canadas coming now and 4 down from this bunch Then it went quiet for a bit Twenty minutes later and another 3 skeins coming up the field These started to decoy lovely but flared at the last minute but we got 2 out of them There were now geese flying around in all directions as the ones that had passed us earlier had gone onto a lake behind us and were now up and circling the field but high Another bunch came up the field looking like they were going to decoy but drifted wide at the last minute It was getting dark now and the moon was well up Still geese were moving and another bunch came up the field a bit higher and not looking like they were going to decoy They came over lovely and we dropped another 2 and the dog bought me another hybrid So 14 down now between us and we decided to call it a day As I was picking up the decoys the dog bought me another Canada that was laid in amongst them Must of missed that one while I had put him on a runner earlier I'm guessing the dead one in the pattern was what stopped those last few bunches decoying so well So 15 between 3 of us and one knackered dog ! Happy days !

Top Result Tony well done to you All