taking someone to your permission

adi786

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I took a friend of mine who I kind of trusted to one of my permission I finally managed to get few months ago. When we were going home, passed the farmer house he saved the location in whatsapp and told him it was wife been asking where u are etc. I stayed quite and stared to feel bit ****** off. I think this is the reason most people donot like taking anyone or offering any one to shoot on their permissions?

Do you think i should speak to him about his stupid act he did and am extremely unhappy? Am sure if he goes to the farmer asking for permission for himself he'll get a NO. But I don't want him to go and giving my reference not sure if that be good was thinking to tell farmer about him? But still there is some percentage of doubt that he might not go there. Any suggestions what i should do as am still feeling quite ****** off. And i think lesson is, do not take anyone to ur permission at all, unless you know the person for years etc?

Edited by adi786

didn't know him for too long so i say acquaintance, we had a booking bit far for him, but where we booked he had some issues and could'nt continue to took us for booked day on morning duck flight. So on way back, i felt bit bad for him and was like i'll take him to permission as he got up quite early and came this far. Thinking to ring him and speak to him like why you shared location etc ? I did tell my farmer too that am taking him with me today..

We get the same thing metal detecting, them trying to pinch your land, that you have searched hard for.the worst i ever had the guy went on his own without me knowing the farmer asked him who had given him permision and he said that i had said it would be ok for him to go on his own. one peed of farmer and me loosing the land.

I have been on land with people have permision and had a great day and thanked them, but i would never dream of getting it for myself, i have enjoyed there time and company.

didn't know him for too long so i say acquaintance, we had a booking bit far for him, but where we booked he had some issues and could'nt continue to took us for booked day on morning duck flight. So on way back, i felt bit bad for him and was like i'll take him to permission as he got up quite early and came this far. Thinking to ring him and speak to him like why you shared location etc ? I did tell my farmer too that am taking him with me today..

Hmmm ... he had 'some issues' and 'couldn't continue' at the other location !

I think you've made a bad judgement call !

have spoken to him and asked questions about location etc... he has con firmed that he is never going to do anything like that as he "don't pee where you eat". And said he never going to go there behind me.. As there is no point for him to go ask for permissions as he can go with me sometimes when he can. He has assured me few times over phone that he wont do anything stupid like that, as one he is only free to shoot one day for 7 hours and he is an hour away from me, 3rd i do not live far from my permission and i go to my perm for rakki quite often without gun coming back from work. Said he knows how tough it is to go on someone's permission for shoot, and i wont disregard it. Over phone sounds quite sensible so hope he'll keep my trust... The main reason i took him as well was when i didn't had permission i struggled a lot and requested quite few time to other shooters if they can tag me along for a day shooting and in years no one offered me and was bit upset. When i go one, i know the feeling i used to have for not getting any invite to shoot so thought lets take him. But i know now why people avoid... i think i would be following same now from today...

Edited by adi786

I bumped into a farmer in the pub recently and got chatting as you do. He said he had a feild of laid barley that the pigeons were hitting and that I could go whenever I wanted.

I knew that a mate of mine had permission on his land, so said I would check with him first.

I did and he came along and his local knowledge and advice made it a much better day for me and has since got me a couple more invites because of my attitude to his permission.

I don't think it will ever pay to go behind someone's back.

I think you've just had a bad experience and may be a bit over protective, understandably. I do hope he keeps his word. Not everyone is bad. I've struggled to find my own permission so can understand why you feel the way you do but I've been lucky enough to be invited on a few peoples permissions with them and would never think of trying to take them, I just appreciate the offer for what it is and enjoy my time there. One person, off pigeon watch, has been that good that he has generously got me a permission despite the fact that he has never met me. I don't want to name him in case others abuse his genuine good nature but without him I'd have had a pretty boring year.

agree with you, I have gone through a lot tough time finding permission no where close to shoot. So i used to be quite upset when being honest myself no one ever invited me(been unlucky). Everyone used to be like sure ill let u know but that day never came even chasing after couple of weeks or a month. This is why i feel a lot when someone here asks for a day out on pigeons and promise they wont go on our backs, but still after quite few hunters everyone/most of the people around are so so careful. I think i need to get that habbit as well and try not to get many people in to permission unless i know them v v well. Am hoping he will keep his promise, as my promise to him is if he keeps my trust all shoots, permissions i get I will for sure invite him.. .

HAD A SO CALLED MATE D THE SAME THING &WHEN ALL THE PIGEON SHOOTING CONTROL GOT TAKEN OVER BY A HAWKING MUPPET WHO WANTED TO CHARGE FOR THE PIGEON SHOOTING I REFUSED & HE PAID. I HAVE SHOT THAT FARM FOR 3 YEARS & LAMPED RABBITS WITH MY WHIPPET X BUT LOST IT ALL.I NOW HAVE THREE OTHER FARMS 1 IS INVITE ONLY BUT ALL GOOD & RUN BY GOOD COUNTRY PEOPLE WHO DONT CHARGE FOR PEST CONTROL

LIVE & LEARN

A "hawking muppet"?

You also have the perms that someone shoots on, or should I say, has the permission to shoot on but never does.

I call them the perm collectors, one near me brags about this and that, but spends more hours and money in the pub than he does shooting, then has a dig about times that i get asked to shoot, this and that on local farm land. Yep a good mate. :lol: I have a quick chat with him on purpose now and again in the local, and just drop in the fact that "Oh! ive just been on so and so's, last week shot about 1/2 a doz Fox's" "have you been out at all recently" ? the answer is nearly allways the same, Naa! been working, and cant afford to go as often as you.

Its a shame if you can't take a friend on you farms without fear of them trying to take over . It's an unwritten rule that you don't poach people's permissions after an invite .

I have more rape than I can manage to shoot myself ,so I have recruited two good old boys off this forum to help me out . They have a brief that they can shoot the rape and rape stubble when ever they want to . I introduced them to my farmer friend and he is pleased to have them on board . I will say that nobody can shoot any of the farms without my permission ,the farms are owned by old friends who have no interest in shooting other than shooting the odd rabbit for the pot .

I have in the past invited people out for a days pigeon shooting with me and have never had any body take advantage of the offer by trying to turn up uninvited . If they did they would invite the wrath of my farmer friend and me . No doubt I shall take out other guests for a days pigeon shooting who will be told that the shooting is by invitation only .

Harnser

Edited by Harnser

Be careful out there Adi,some real shisters about mate :good: BB

Hey bluebarrels u good mate, agree mate after reading lots of posts regarding what happend to people when take some ****er***. So am bit careful now too, being honest i feel sad to get bit strict from now own, but i think due to some community of shooters who dont respect it, other good chaps would suffer.

Hey bluebarrels u good mate, agree mate after reading lots of posts regarding what happend to people when take some ****er***. So am bit careful now too, being honest i feel sad to get bit strict from now own, but i think due to some community of shooters who dont respect it, other good chaps would suffer.

Yep i'm good thanks mate :good:

Shooting around these parts is hard to get :yes: but easy to lose,so you need to keep an eye out and protect what perms you have :good: BB

By the way still got ur deeks and carry bag :), do u have those army nets any more hehe..

Yep i'm good thanks mate :good:

Shooting around these parts is hard to get :yes: but easy to lose,so you need to keep an eye out and protect what perms you have :good: BB

Thanks for letting me know, am going to be well careful now, thought i did tell my farmer/land owner before taking him.