Deer- West Lancashire

WinchesterDave

Was on my way home from Southport about half an hour ago and heading down the back roads through Halsall on way up to Aughton and as I was coming down I saw a two pair of eyes in front of me about 400 meters in a field on the right.

I do this road almost every day and regularly at night and see foxes hares rabbits etc, standard stuff really so I didn't think anything of it. However, when I drove past it I looked in to the field, and it was obviously pitch black and couldn't see a thing. But something twigged and I said to my girlfriend, I swear ive just seen something big in that field, must have been about 60-70 meters in.

I kept driving initially as I just thought it was clumps of whatever, but something in my head said turn around and go check it out.

so turned around and travelled back. As I was driving slowly parallel next two it we were both looking out and just saw two dark, big silouetted objects running parallel to the car...to be quite honest I was a bit freaked out because I had no idea what they were. So I pulled slightly up the bank to get my lights on and there you have it two I think young Roe deer grazing in the middle of the field!! we couldn't belive it. they were initial a bit timid of us but then happily just got on with feeding!

I thought straight away post on PW see what everyone thinks lol.

was a nice but defiantly unexpected sight I had no idea after 20 years of living here we had deer in the area.

regards,

Dave

Edited by WinchesterDave

Eccelston and the area of rufford have a good number of fallow deer that were released a few years back,Eccelston has a small population of muntjac and all sorounding parts hold roe deer,this has all come about over the last ten years,there's more deer about than you think. :)