3" Non Toxic Cartridges

DeepThought

Hi

I'm sorry if this subject has been done to death lately, but I'm hopefully finally getting myself out on the mud this weekend and wanted some advice about cartridges.

Firstly, the only gun I currently have is chambered at 3", does this rule out taking geese with steel shot or would a 36g size 1 load be sufficient?

Secondly, does anyone know where to buy them on the south coast around Portsmouth and the surrounding areas?

Many Thanks

DT

Hi

I'm sorry if this subject has been done to death lately, but I'm hopefully finally getting myself out on the mud this weekend and wanted some advice about cartridges.

Firstly, the only gun I currently have is chambered at 3", does this rule out taking geese with steel shot or would a 36g size 1 load be sufficient?

Secondly, does anyone know where to buy them on the south coast around Portsmouth and the surrounding areas?

Many Thanks

DT

In the real world you don't gain much if anything with more shot than 36 grm

Not buying any more super mag shells for this season myself shooting just 3" no1

In the real world you don't gain much if anything with more shot than 36 grm

Not buying any more super mag shells for this season myself shooting just 3" no1

I'm in agreement with Kent theres no need, I've shot 26 mallard in two outing this season with eley Lightning 36g /3 and the lads tell me /1 are good for geese, anyway best of luck with your season.

RC atomic steel 36g size one patten well look at my pics in the cartridge and reloading section and the fiocchi steel 35g size 2 70mm carriage also patten well

You can't really say they pattern well, only that they pattern well with your gun and choke combination.