My farmer is a very nice man !

ditchman

Everywhere i shoot on the farm i have to drive there using the landrover.....all the fields have CSMS around them , but i dont like using them as its a bit naughty....i tell him this but he keeps on saying "get up there boy after them buds"..........so i use them then go and park the landrover couple of hundred yards away...which is now a difficult walk for me..........

I pulled up on the field this morning to have a jaw with him whilst ploughing..........and he says..."ive got something for you".......i says "i havnt got thro the last lot of cartridges yet".........he says "noo......i got something that will make it easier setting up the hide and getting around the farm....i bought a Quad bike for you !!...so where the birds are you can set up and put your blind around the bike and get stuck in.."...........well its not a new one but a good second hand one that will do the job spot on...........

......what a nice thing to do eh !....there are some nice thoughtful people about..

i havnt seen it yet.......i will get up to the yard tomorrow....i asked him what make it was and he said "errrr....its red"......."sort of".......he got it when he was at another farm buying a front soil press.................i will take a pic so we can see what it is !!

its a 2 way thing..................he buys and sells farm machinery................and also buys (at a good price tractors that dont work).......and sometimes i fix them when it dosnt involve taking the engine out or lots of manual labour....i tell him what needs to be done and show him......his mrs cooks me and him breakfast and lunch.....dont have to pay down the pub...and he moans when i refuse his money.....i come and go as i please shoot what i want...when i want.....that is my payment

then he goes and sidewinds me like that..........i couldnt refuse as it will make things a lot easier for me...............its just the thoughtful act that really impresses me....

its a 2 way thing..................he buys and sells farm machinery................and also buys (at a good price tractors that dont work).......and sometimes i fix them when it dosnt involve taking the engine out or lots of manual labour....i tell him what needs to be done and show him......his mrs cooks me and him breakfast and lunch.....dont have to pay down the pub...and he moans when i refuse his money.....i come and go as i please shoot what i want...when i want.....that is my payment

then he goes and sidewinds me like that..........i couldnt refuse as it will make things a lot easier for me...............its just the thoughtful act that really impresses me....

You both sound like top blokes ! Enjoy the quad.

.....at the opposite end of the scale, one estate I shoot on, and have for years, won't give us keys for gates which would allow access to various parts of the land, and have now said we can't drive on any stubbles.

cant drive on stubbles why, i drive all over it,

Edited by mossy835

Stop playing with that and get on with that engine :lol:

on hold at the moment.......going up to thetford to pick the replacement block up...then i have to clean it and strip it and make an engine lift for it so i can turn it about and upside down......(there will be pics of this)..........then it goes off to be bored out..............

so you will have to wait for a bit .........