My farmer is a very nice man !

ditchman

One of mine did much the same for me LOL, though not so extravagant. I got a pair of Odereaters for my wellies, as it "would stop my socks wearing through" ;)

and i return what you need to do is drop him a envelope for xmas and on it write "have a drink on me for xmas"................and inside put a teabag............. :lol:

Holy cow! I hope you dont mind me asking, but how many years have you been shooting on his farm?

about 15 years........why...?.............its not me ...its him...thats the kind of person he is.......................there is another lad dont see him very often, but he helps out when the farmer is stuck for a bit of labour....he works offshore and asked him if he could put down a few pheasants and partrige to have half a doz shoots with his mates....no probs............the farmer is all about you scratch my back and i will scratch your back....its way the world should work ...

about 15 years........why...?............

Because I could only assume it was in response to many years of sterling service. But it seems from the rest of your reply that there is more than that to it. I've certainly not come across someone as considerate and appreciative. And I agree with your sentiment that it is the way things should be.

Because I could only assume it was in response to many years of sterling service. But it seems from the rest of your reply that there is more than that to it. I've certainly not come across someone as considerate and appreciative. And I agree with your sentiment that it is the way things should be.

there are 2 or 3 of those sort of people/farmers around here who are like that...............and do you know what ...they are all council tenant farmers....scratching a living................makes you think eh !