Unusual Goose Achievements

6.5x55SE

This week following consecutive morning and evening flights I realised I had shot " 3 Species of Geese " from " 3 Different County's "

Until the Canada's became thin on the ground several mornings in the past I've shot Canada Greylag and Pink's in the same flight many times and one February on the foreshore where I first met Robert (Anser2) I shot Canada Greylag Pinkfeet and Whitefront

Taking a friend the first day's of October who had never heard seen yet shoot a Pink that early was giving me a right ear bashing as I had my 20ga The sound of Pink's only increased the stick I was getting.

Five Pink's responded to my calling Two slightly in front of the three came as good as it gets. Take the Pair I told my friend as he shot I took the leader of three only to see ALL three fold turning left I saw two Pink's climing picking the front Pink Bang BOTH folded most remarkable was all five was killed stone dead. The look of disbelief on my friends face still is fresh in my mind some 30+ years later he did manage to shoot his First October Pink whilst it was now my turn to give him some abuse and still remind him that he only shot Geese because I sleeved my 20ga.

In the Eighties having shot Greylag near the River Cree Scotland morning flight that evening saw me do evening flight on the Norfolk coast and shot Pink's

My last as not to bore you all

Myself and friend doing morning flight on the Island of Islay both had shot Barnacle-Greenland Whitefront and Greylag Geese when a pair appeared on course for us. Pink's shouted my friend never said I as in Eleven previous visit's to Islay I'd never heard or seen any Pink's.

Well they was defiantly Pink's and we took one each for a fantastic end to our flight.