My biggest so far

Dougy

Pictures to follow.

Just had what is possibly my biggest dog fox so far. After seeing this one sitting out last night and it going straight into cover, and not showing again, I thought I had better get out after it tonight.

I put my caller out into the field around 100 yds. Got up onto the silage bales and started calling. Nothing showed for about 1/2 an hour then this one appeared in the same place as last night. I changed the call from distressed rabbit to a hare in distress but it showed little interest. It just sat so I decided to take the shot, a tad on the long side (260 yds)but it was poop or bust. With very little wind and as it was only slightly from 11 o'clock I placed the cross hair on top of it's shoulder and sent the 55 grain Sierra. Hit hit the mark with the never forgetfull thud.post-2987-0-51058700-1443916374_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dougy

well done mate, big fox plus a cracking shot, I also had my biggest last night, I had uploaded and just removed it as I didn,t want to detract from your post, can put the pic if anyone is interested, nowhere near your shot though, happy that I stalked it to around 60yds before the safe shot was available though,

Thanks barney

post-11197-0-03325000-1443959784_thumb.jpg

Edited by barney 66

well done mate, big fox plus a cracking shot, I also had my biggest last night, I had uploaded and just removed it as I didn,t want to detract from your post, can put the pic if anyone is interested, nowhere near your shot though, happy that I stalked it to around 6oyds before the safe shot was available though,

Thanks barney

Stick it up barney, thats why the sections here, (as long as its not silly gory picks) :good: