Out On A Sunday For A Change

stuartbrierley

had a sunday off work this week for a change so decided to go to a bean field which was cut wednesday me and les shot the adjoining field 6 weeks ago and had a good result then i shot it again when raining heavy les and paul were 2 fields away another good do i was a bit weary expecting not a lot to be about especially with the fog . i arrived about 7.45 and watched the field for 30 minutes the pigeons were there but no great numbers feeding i then decided to go look at anouther bean field about 1/2 mile away the pigeons soon lifted as i drove the field the beans were every were on the floor but the pigeons whent 1/2 houre none had returned so back to the first field the pigeons were now just sat in the surrounding trees as i drove down a edge they just lifted and droped back in again so decided to set up 2 ff flappers and 6 decoys the action soon started with a steady flow of pigeons and just adding the birds to the patern there is a large amount of young birds i shot but it is pest controle ended the day with 101 woodies 6 ferrals 3 crows and a duck shot last night on a pond hole

99 woodies pictured picked anouther 2 on the way outpost-1987-0-60644600-1444029655_thumb.jpg

post-1987-0-76999500-1444029676_thumb.jpgpost-1987-0-98016300-1444029710_thumb.jpg