Crow caller tactics

Bobba

When pigeon shooting I put a few crow FUD's out and have a pop at whatever crow happens to wander in.

There's been an increase in the number of crows on one of the farms so thought I would dedicate some time specifically to crows but have little experience in the use of crow callers.

Do you, for example, call when you see them flying by and try to attract them in. Or, looking at some of the Sam Neyt clips on YouTube do you gargle yourself hoarse for as long as it takes to attract them in from neighbouring counties!

Advice welcommed. Thanks.

The Sam Neyt caller is good, but the PRIMOS Power Crow caller will do the same, and more, and, for a lot cheaper. You will need to practice using it, but once mastered, it's excellent.

Many thanks fo the advice. Q if I may. " you will need the practice" But where do I find the lessons to avoid sounding like a Daffy Duck?

Many thanks fo the advice. Q if I may. " you will need the practice" But where do I find the lessons to avoid sounding like a Daffy Duck?

Lessons are self taught. Don't worry if you do sound like 'Daffy Duck', just keep on practicing. When using the caller, don't blow into it too hard, and make a sort of 'grrr' sound as you blow into it. Biting harder on the rubber tube increases the pitch, and will give you a 'Jackdaw' sound. Don't give up on it though, as so many do. It's an excellent caller and I have use one for many years with great success. I can call in Crow's, Rook's and Jackdaw's.

Lessons are self taught. Don't worry if you do sound like 'Daffy Duck', just keep on practicing. When using the caller, don't blow into it too hard, and make a sort of 'grrr' sound as you blow into it. Biting harder on the rubber tube increases the pitch, and will give you a 'Jackdaw' sound. Don't give up on it though, as so many do. It's an excellent caller and I have use one for many years with great success. I can call in Crow's, Rook's and Jackdaw's.

Many thanks. Will persevere.

Take a look at WWW.MPKCUSTOMCALLANDWOODWORK.COM

Matt does one of the easiest to blow crow calls available in the U.K. which is tuned for the European crow rather than the higher pitched U.S. one.

There is also a brief tutorial clip. It is`nt very long `cos the call is so easy to blow.

I do hope people won`t mind me saying this but, the correct term for the instrument is a "call" and not a "caller".

The caller is the person blowing it.

Edited by mudpatten