WHAT AIR RIFLE AND WHY

evo

just like to know what your favourite air rifle is and why ???

mine has to be my Air ranger .177 reason being is its my night time rifle and I am full of confidence with it,,i use it more than any other daystate I own but I am so confident with it , it just seems I cant miss,

what is Your favourite rifle and why ??? just curious to know chaps

here,s a few pics

076_zpspi4ulqwd.jpg

002_zpsa2xwyhyc.jpg

138_zpszipreclh.jpg

021_zpskfs9jxbh.jpg

atb Evo

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy.

My Sandwell tuned HW97kt .

Why because it is a joy to shoot , balances lovely and is very accurate , it does not look too shabby either .

Though I can understand the appeal of a multi shot pcp there is nothing more satisfying in doing something well with a spring gun.

IMAG0134_zpsktao0gyw.jpg

My one and only pcp is my AAs410 carbine in 177 that i've had for 8 years. Does everything i could ask for from a sub 12 ft lb air rifle. I like the hW100 and the Daystate Huntsman or Regal as i think it's called now? but i could'nt justify the cost to change as i don't use air rifles much for hunting.

My favourite all tiime spring gun has to be my HW 77k stage 2 tuned by Sandwell Field Sports. That is a lovely spring gun to shoot. It knocks the spots off any spring gun i've owned including an AA prosport.

ATB,

Pat

Edited by pat g

Two months ago I would without hesitation of said my Daystate MK4 .177 which I love/loved and i know its a marmite thing but the electrics I loved and the trigger was great.

How ever....................

Ive done something I said I would never do.................. I was thinking of selling my MK4 and just using my FAC huntsman for all my hunting/pest control. But then I was offered an excellent deal with meant for £35 i could trade my MK4 in for a :/:whistling: HW100 (brand new) :oops:

So ive taken a chance, a HW100KT chance. Am not ready to start giving a veridict on it fully yet but I am impressed so far, loving the 14 shot mag and the fact you get two and a HW silencer with each new rifle. Christmas will see me add an A&M cylinder to it, but for in the confines of the jimny its great, just looking forward to shedding a little weight with the new cylinder in the new year.

But dont worry Evo, I still have my FAC Huntsman (for now) and wear my Daystate basball cap and badge on my jacket with pride.

ATB

Matt

Matt, after all the slagging off you have give that side lever :lol:

I bought a HW100-KS and LOVE it !

I sure did but dont get to excited yet....... What has impressed me so far is it comes with 2 x 14 shot mags and a silencer as well as it its retail price.......

I havent yet even shot it, it hasnt yet got me interested enough to take it out and zero it, its sat in the corner and its a bit of a stand iff situation. It only cost me £40 to change rifles, bearing in mind my MK4 was 5 years old i feel that its held value well.

Am not looking forward to the side leaver but hope am suprised and come around to it.

For me a rifle it isnt with the side leaver, a machine/ mechanism maybe :lol:

The stock is okay looks wise but I do worry I should have bought the carbine sporter stock insted, if the rifle stays who knows....I may buy a second sporter stock or get a Mark Sanderson job on some wallnut.

ATB

Matt

My new fx cyclone walnut in 177 cal with daystate heavys it groups like nothing ive ever owned and ive had everything in the gun store ie hw ,daystates,bsa,theobens,AA,s etc .. It is so consistent 5-7 fps over 120 shots at 11.9 ftbls ,smooth cocking well balanced and pointable and so quiet with my A&M silencer topped with a nikon scope it sits alongside my shotguns but gets more use as its such a pleasure to shoot.

I guess it is my HW97k. Always ready and as accurate as I am.

I have a Diana 52 FAC rated, but a bit too heavy to cart around.

Use HW to shoot pigeons around the office and squirrels in the garden.

Otherwise it is the .22lr or 17hmr for crows and rabbits further out than the HW can reach.

I own the ultimate air rifle it is an airwolf MVT FAC

the reason being it has a built in chronometer it self adjusts so every shot is +- 2 fps

but the best bit is it is fully adjustable by pulling the trigger I can set the power from 500-1299fps (to a max of 40foot lb)c

which means I can fire a bisley magnum in the barn at 12.1 foot lb then go outside and set it to 40 foot lb for a medium range rabbit

it is my only PCP but with this rifle you don't need another

Had left air rifles behind me many years ago until I bought a nice Webley springer some years ago for my kids to plink with, and never gave them much thought really.

Mate bought a HW100 and I had a go with it and couldn't believe how nice it was to shoot and reloading via the side lever was simplicity itself. It is very quiet and very accurate and I've used it on many occasions creeping around a few caravan sites on which I try to keep the rabbit numbers down. They are greta fun and serious bits of hunting kit.

I'm so impressed I intend to get one as soon as I have the spare funds and am currently considering selling a shotgun to fund it.