WHAT AIR RIFLE AND WHY

evo

HW 100 KS all day long. I had owned 3 so far and i can't fault them. ... Excellent accuracy, excellent loading mechanism, massive magazine capacity, excellent trigger and silent as a mouse ****. What else can you ask from a hunting rifle?

for it to not weigh like a ton of bricks lol

have to say I,ve been having a mooch looking for a decent hw100 carbine to buy and put through its paces but my local gunsmith has got a shop full and all in for repair with leaks ,,its put me off a bit and I,m just wondering if I should just buy a new one

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to say I,ve been having a mooch looking for a decent hw100 carbine to buy and put through its paces but my local gunsmith has got a shop full and all in for repair with leaks ,,its put me off a bit and I,m just wondering if I should just buy a new one

The weight does't bother me, my day-to-day stalking rifle setup it weights way more than a HW100.

I know you are a big fan of Daystate but get a new HW100 carbine and you might soon change your mind.

The weight does't bother me, my day-to-day stalking rifle setup it weights way more than a HW100.

I know you are a big fan of Daystate but get a new HW100 carbine and you might soon change your mind.

nope , not in a million years,,happy with the rifles I have at the moment but I am looking for a hw carbine to put through its paces on the rats , also must be in .177 and at the right price but to be honest its looking like it will have to be a new one

To be honest even though I have only had it about 3 months my Daystate Huntsman classic.

Bought 2nd had and its in immaculate condition, off the sticks at 25 yards the other day I put 6 shots through one pellet hole. I have only ever done this with one gun and that was my FX Vermy off a fixed rest.

Needless to say its a keeper this time.

Got to be my trusty Rapid. Running at 33ft/lbs, really pointable and accurate. And built to last

love the rapid ,,a truelly awesome rifle ( if not fiddled with) which is rare

To be honest even though I have only had it about 3 months my Daystate Huntsman classic.

Bought 2nd had and its in immaculate condition, off the sticks at 25 yards the other day I put 6 shots through one pellet hole. I have only ever done this with one gun and that was my FX Vermy off a fixed rest.

Needless to say its a keeper this time.

the huntsman is my all time fav rifle, and so light

hi dont waste your money on a new hw 100 evo .My mate had leaks and barrell coming lose all the time i was having issues with my daystate ranger at the time got fed up with daystate issues on everyone ive had .so thought i'd give the hw a go i bought a new fsb 177 cal it whent back the next day to HC ,faulty valve i took it back and swapped it for the hw 100 k,that leaked after a week and also grouped like a shotgun ,got my money back .I waited nearly two yrs before buying a new hw 100 .20 cal that whent straight back failed reg.took it back like a fool got a new hw100 t that leaked after two weeks and reg failed returned gun refunded and bought an fx cyclone walnut 177 new had it 10 months now put 2,000 pellets through it never missed a beat .

hi dont waste your money on a new hw 100 evo .My mate had leaks and barrell coming lose all the time i was having issues with my daystate ranger at the time got fed up with daystate issues on everyone ive had .so thought i'd give the hw a go i bought a new fsb 177 cal it whent back the next day to HC ,faulty valve i took it back and swapped it for the hw 100 k,that leaked after a week and also grouped like a shotgun ,got my money back .I waited nearly two yrs before buying a new hw 100 .20 cal that whent straight back failed reg.took it back like a fool got a new hw100 t that leaked after two weeks and reg failed returned gun refunded and bought an fx cyclone walnut 177 new had it 10 months now put 2,000 pellets through it never missed a beat .

crickey that's not good,as said I would like to give one a try to see just what everyone is raving about, I,ve fired a couple of shots with one but not had the chance to really put one through its paces,,

as said my local gunsmith has had a few in lately ALL leaking, looks like some of the hw100 owners are not being honest, was thinking new for the guarantee , to be on the safe side but certainly having second thoughts now

teza don't mean to sound daft but is the only difference between the Kt and Ks the thumbhole stock on the Kt ???

seems to me there is a load of hw100,s about with letters following the 100, totally confusing but I do know the T stands for thumbhole lol

HW100KS

mine weighs 4.10kg..does not feel heavy at all, it feels much nicer to shoulder than any Daystate I've tried..feels more balanced to me.

Thought about a Ti cylinder but not really required.

That is with Mamba Lite/covers and shade plus A&M Twink fitted.

It's a quality bit of kit.

How anyone can not like the side arm cocking lever ??

It's so light and easy to use.

Evo if you want a dabble on mine your more than welcome bud :good:

Huntsman - Airwolf - Wolverine - HW100KS - HW99s - HW99s(IMP) - HW30s and counting

Edited by Signman

How did you come to this conclusion?

There are far more faulty Daystates out there than HWs , and only because some HW owners were unlucky, doesn't mean that all the other ones are dishonest.

shootgun ,, now that did make me laaaarrrrrffffff,

I,m not getting at the hw100 , I am interested in buying one, but the more I,m reading and the more I,m being told by hw owners / gunsmiths the more I,m being put off,

I have come to the conclusion because all I,m hearing is about leaking rifles , yet not many on here have even mentioned it, do they leak / don't they ??? , you seem to be a hw100 lover , so can you fill me in with how good are they really,

I agree daystates leak,, my ranger has just sprung a leak on the buddy bottle seal, does that mean the gun is a waste of time and I should not buy one ? NO IT DOESN,T , just because an air rifle leaks does not mean its crocked and useless, lets not forget the pressure these vessels are built to withstand, so springing a leak is as I see it the fun of owning one :lol::lol: :lol:

atb Evo

Edited by evo

I agree daystates leak,

Finally we agreed on something :lol:

Now if you ask me to choose beween a leaking Daystate or a leaking HW100 , my choice will be the HW100 all day long.

I put my latest FSB SK in .177 on the chrono and i had 4 fps velocity spread over 3 full mags ( 42 shots) ,with Baracuda Match. If this is not good, i don't know what it is.