WHAT AIR RIFLE AND WHY

evo

Love the stock your S510 is in,one of the best looking most practical thumb hole stocks I've seen. Full pistol grip without that daft little strip at the bottom of the grip because so much stock was removed at top on most I see. Yours has plenty of wood left for strength above the pistol grip.

totally agree figgy, I,ve seen a few but none were in the condition this one was, its totally solid and the s510 fitted it sweet , no gaps at all and a nice snug fit, certainly worth waiting for mate

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know. Can you buy the action, barrel etc without having to get the stock for a 510?

to be honest mate I,m not sure,, best bet is to give air arms a tinkle and see what they say , but I cant see why not

Edited by evo

Gosh I have had a lot

My favourite is my hw80. It's heavily modified though they are a great buy for someone who just needs an Airgun to kill stuff

Stock is made to fit me. The scope is a little 1.5- 5 x 20 which will actually focus on the barrel. Mounts are special extra low so it's basically point and shoot to 30 yards

Internals are all machined and designed by Steve pope personally

He also modified the breech lock up so it's effortless but locks better

Blue is done over bead blast so thier is no reflection and the moderator is solid steel slimline. The barrel was shortened and it fitted to give perfect balance

It don't see that much use now just around buildings. Last use was about three weeks ago clearing ferals shot a couple of sacks full in an hour or two not hard and. Not sport but the ability to load well in the dark and take accurate head shots as they peaked over beams and wall tops is a big plus. The scope also shoes me anything in the pellets path like cables. Lights and other stuff that don't want holes in it

Owned it for approx 16 years

• 2 weeks later...

well guys, I have finally bit the bullet and bought a new rifle, its taken me a long while to coax myself into getting one, it will be sent to my service engineer to have the original air arms reg removed and his reg put in, also one of his air strippers fitted as well

I,m picking it up on Wednesday so wont have any sleep till then lol

I,ve bought the Air Arms FTP900, will put some pics up on Wednesday, I,ll be using it as my spare FT rifle so cant wait to get a scope put on it and have a play

I did say it won't be long before EVO is wearing a AA cap. Do well in your FT and you'll be having dinner with Claire West at the rate your buying Air Arms guns.

Another new gun, thought I was bad and impulsive, buying a S410f superlite then a fortnight later a Daystate Huntsman Classic.

have to say bear,, I do prefer it in the wooden stock, never been a lover of the synthetic stocks but preferred it on my mct airwolf, only problem was it was wood coated in a rubber coating and I was always terrified to mark it,

Edited by evo

Hey Evo, wood stock for sure but I've refinished it once and don't want to be doing it every few months as it's a working gun. Maybe if I ever retire it I'll put the wood back on and remove the main spring and mount it on the wall :)

Bear

picked the new beast up today, just got to get it sorted now with scope and other bits but here she is to add to my collection, the Air Arms FTP900

004_zpsewqwe1re.jpg

003_zpswkbvrr9t.jpg

007_zpstxpcn726.jpg

cant wait to get her set up and running

atb Evo

That is one serious piece of engineering Evo ... it looks like its at the top pinnacle of pcp rifle innovation and quality .. 0ver the past few months my eyes have widened regards Air Arms. They are a fine British success story, and long may they be .. !!

only just got it out pete, bloody back is cabbaged mate, its defo a trapped nerve and I,m in bulk, just hope it clears for sunday mate