Crows yesterday morning.

eccles

Had a message off my mate Osian said few crows on his new drilled winter barley field.

Give me info on which field etc so said i'd give it a go in the morning. Not an ideal place to decoy but crows are crows :)

Got to farm by 6 parked up still dark so shone lamp to see where to set up. Thought i'd just pop through gate and set up on hedge 50y from truck.

Set up by 6.30 some full and shell decoys, had a coffee and a smoke. A few large ish packs flew over about 7 then few came in not long after so started banging away. Was very slow all morning not that many crows about barley had not got above ground yet . Should have left shooting alone for a week till more crows had found it.

Had a new remote flapper on test from Paul Hart The pigeon Shooter . It worked well very good bit of kit as you can speed up or slow down flap rate from hide and stop start . A bit more testing to see where best to place flapper etc not one for gadgets for crows but this may well be a good aid on crows.

Don't think Paul will get flapper back now. :lol:

Had a bit of shooting shot some crackers but missed a few to. :unhappy: Think them carrion crows wear body armour needed a few second barrel .

Shot these in pic + a good few behind over the track which left for Osian to pick up.lot younger that me.

Seen him after by truck very happy and a nice £100 for shooting crows. :) Told him message me if they come back on field .

post-40804-0-92283000-1444720526_thumb.jpg

Edited by eccles

Cracking result, well done . Did the crows react to the flapper ? I've found that if you have a magnet out with pigeon the crows avoid it. We have some great weather at present for an early morning shooting . It's good hear that your out and about .

Hi PC Iv'e tried the magnets to but not much good for carrion's or rooks but jackdaws some joy.

First time iv'e used flapper the carrion's did not spook but i was knocking flapper off soon as i thought they where coming into decoys. As i mentioned bit of playing about with placement should be good. :good: tidy bit of kit mate would not bother with the timer type as the blinking things would go off at wrong time. atvb Terry

Hello Terry. Another good read and interesting section about the flapper. Hope your successful with your testing sessions. Darran.

Cheers Dar how you getting on with the 223. atb Terry

Nice one Terry , the best bags I've had on the crows have been with the flapper and timer,

Atb

Flynny

Cheers Bud :good: never bothered with gadgets before and you know how i got on over the years. :) . atb Terry

Have I missed something or did you say he paid you £100 for shooting crows?

Yep got paid as most farmers do, still a few tight one's about though. :whistling:

Looks like a great morning good shooting.

I have some luck with crows using a pigeon on the flapper at the edge of the crow pattern. I think the movement catches the interest and the deeks do the rest.

Cheers bud :good: Been shooting crows for over 40 years and only used decoys but this flapper with remote looks a good bit of kit. Shot tens of thousands of crows over the years nothing hard to decoy them. If i had to choose 1 form of shooting it would be crows just love it . :yes: atb Terry

Terry yes the .223. You know me always willing to learn and taking advice off other shooters have managed to get a set up that shoots great, when I do my bit, but that is only target shooting as I am one of the unlucky ones with no permissions. It is still great to fire off rounds that you have reloaded and see the results down range. Speak to you soon and say hello to Chris from me. Darran.

Edited by LARRO

Terry yes the .223. You know me always willing to learn and taking advice off other shooters have managed to get a set up that shoots great, when I do my bit, but that is only target shooting as I am one of the unlucky ones with no permissions. It is still great to fire off rounds that you have reloaded and see the results down range. Speak to you soon and say hello to Chris from me. Darran.

Hi Dar Nice to hear your happy with rifle. Don't forget your more than welcome anytime to come shooting down here with your rifle bud. I know your only got it for targets but think your ok with me as mentor as iv'e got open cert, just check with firearms dept. atvb Terry

Cheers bud :good: Been shooting crows for over 40 years and only used decoys but this flapper with remote looks a good bit of kit. Shot tens of thousands of crows over the years nothing hard to decoy them. If i had to choose 1 form of shooting it would be crows just love it . :yes: atb Terry

Me too its the best. We only seem to have mostly crows here so i have to love shooting them.

Hi Dar Nice to hear your happy with rifle. Don't forget your more than welcome anytime to come shooting down here with your rifle bud. I know your only got it for targets but think your ok with me as mentor as iv'e got open cert, just check with firearms dept. atvb Terry

Terry thank you again for your kind offer I do very much appreciate your help. See ya. Darran.