How Do from Barnsley

Nigelgreaves

Hello ALL,

Nige here calling from Barnsley. Just to say I am new to the sport - been clay busting a number of times, and even newer to Pigeon Watch.

Bought a new Bettinsoli X Trail 30" and still getting used to it.

Looking to learn from anyone who cares to offer hints and tips, and looking forward to getting involved on the Pigeons and any live quarry that is on offer.

Interested to learn of any local clay shoots etc, I know there are a couple around Penistone and top side of Cubley and the one at Bradfield

Well hope to hear back from some of you soon.

Nige

:good:

Hi Nige, welcome to PW.

A few other local-ish shoots for you to consider; Whitewater shooting ground at Blyth, just off the A1. There`s a Sun. morning shoot at Braithwell every week, very cheap and very friendly. There`s also Wortley on alternate Sundays although sadly they will be closing down on 31st Jan. There`s also the Junction 3 shoot at Loversall near Doncaster. Again sadly that will be closing around Christmas time.

There`s DTL every Saturday at Sycamore, High Bradfield and there`s a sporting on this Sunday. I`ll be there helping out so if you call down be sure to say hi.

Thanks Danger Mouse will have a look at these..

I don't suppose you know of anywhere that is open through the week - only I have some holidays to take from work before the month end and while my Mrs is at work...etc

Thanks la bala :)

Whitewater is open Wed, Thurs,Fri. If you don`t mind going a little further afield there`s also Pinewood at Blyton. That`s a cracking little ground. Again I believe it`s open on Wed, Thurs, Fri. Or there are the Nottingham grounds, Cocketts Farm and Nottingham and District gun club. You`d have to check what days they are open though, I don`t know off hand. Also Orston at Nottingham but that`s a little further away.

Oh and there`s also The Boar at Glossop. Check their details on the website. Best giving them a call before you go though. It`s an exposed location and they`re not always open if the weather is bad.

Why the closure?

From what I`ve been told the Water Board either own the land or have bought it and intend to use it for something. It`s been a while since I was up there so I don`t know if anything has been posted about it at the ground. Fairly sure it`s not just a rumour though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nigel

Welcome , i also live in Barnsley .

I started shooting about 18 months ago and have been to Wortley and to the other Sunday morning shoot down by the Millers Pub at Low Barugh.

Also go to Park Lodge near Goole which opens Wednesday to Sunday and is pay and play with time delayed traps if you are on your own.

Hope this helps .

Mark