Perceived Lead

subsonicnat

Right, I am having a problem with what other people called perceived lead:

That is people are talking about shooting ahead of Clay Targets, NOW My Problem is if I do Try To shoot in FRONT, I MISS:

If I Take the Target BLOTTED OUT, I Break Them ???.

There Must Be Other People on here that do the same surely.??

Most of the time you hear of people shooting Behind, And to give it another 2/4 ft lead.

I have tried and it doesn`t work for me anyway, Now I am not complaining you understand but, Am I Different to everybody else. I only consciously give lead of any description after about 40/45 yds, and thats not much. Please somebody tell me its all in My Personal viewing of the targets::

Need To Get it out of my head really..

Does this sound silly, or should I just dismiss it.??, As being Me.!!.

Gun speed is the answer. I shoot with a very slow gun movement so I see Huge amounts of lead 15ft on a 40 yard crosser. But my mate shoots swing through so he sees 18" on the same clay. Then you get people who measure lead from the barrel and they see 6" on a 40 yarder.

Edited by bornfree

Some people see very little lead compared to others. People also see lead at different places at the barrels will see less lead than at the target and significantly less than some who sees it on the background.

There are lots of other factors as well but this why the give it 6 foot often does not work for the next man up as he may see only 3 foot and hit the target.

You must be giving these targets lead to hit them but you can't see it!

Right, I am having a problem with what other people called perceived lead:

That is people are talking about shooting ahead of Clay Targets, NOW My Problem is if I do Try To shoot in FRONT, I MISS:

If I Take the Target BLOTTED OUT, I Break Them ???.

There Must Be Other People on here that do the same surely.??

Most of the time you hear of people shooting Behind, And to give it another 2/4 ft lead.

I have tried and it doesn`t work for me anyway, Now I am not complaining you understand but, Am I Different to everybody else. I only consciously give lead of any description after about 40/45 yds, and thats not much. Please somebody tell me its all in My Personal viewing of the targets::

Need To Get it out of my head really..

Does this sound silly, or should I just dismiss it.??, As being Me.!!.

Stay calm and carry on.

Eye Dominance!!

this changes an individuals perception of lead, if you have an eye dominance issue you may see the gun to clay relationship as dead on, but you could be giving actual lead you don't see!

get a lesson...where are you from?

Flycoy

North Norfolk, Wash.

Stay calm and carry on.

Thats What the Misses Says.lol. :lol::lol:

just to top this off a bit..

I ONLY look At The Clay, I do not register the gun what so ever.

Surely if it was Eye Dominance, I would not be able to shoot in opposite directions, Left, Right, going away coming in etc..

The Differences I hear people talk about, on here and shooting, makes me think I could perhaps do better sometimes.

Thats all really.. 40+ yds, Yes I see a Clay width probably, but not ranges, like Skeet or DTL..

Sorry Edit:

I think as one or two have pointed out, it may be down to Gun Speed after all.

Edited by subsonicnat

If it was eye dominance it would be apparenly no lead from one side and huge lead from the other.

Gun speed is the culprit. The swing through shooter will see (relatively speaking) a much smaller gap than the pull away shooter, who in turn sees a smaller lead from the maintain lead, intercept or at the far end of the scale diminishing lead shooter.

Faster the gun relative to the clay, smaller the perceived lead.

Ed

If it was eye dominance it would be apparenly no lead from one side and huge lead from the other.

Gun speed is the culprit. The swing through shooter will see (relatively speaking) a much smaller gap than the pull away shooter, who in turn sees a smaller lead from the maintain lead, intercept or at the far end of the scale diminishing lead shooter.

Faster the gun relative to the clay, smaller the perceived lead.

Ed

Do You Know, I Think You Have Cracked it. ???.

As I Do Swing Through My Targets, Not pull Away..

And as I Only Shoot to About 45yds Max probably, it wouldn`t effect me too much either.???.

Would it ????..

Edited by subsonicnat