Shooting seats

Ewan

Begara for me. 4 legs all height adjustable so you have a level seat on pretty much any terrain.

Bucket seats are OK but a pain when the ground is uneven. The Begara also has a backrest making it comfy for all day shooting.

Folds down well and fits in a good size rucksack.

Not the cheapest but worth every penny in my books.

Cos

Begara for me. 4 legs all height adjustable so you have a level seat on pretty much any terrain.

Bucket seats are OK but a pain when the ground is uneven. The Begara also has a backrest making it comfy for all day shooting.

Folds down well and fits in a good size rucksack.

Not the cheapest but worth every penny in my books.

Cos

:good:

Old fashioned shooting stick does it for me.

I was using one of those over winter 2013 -2014 and blame it for giving me six months discomfort with sciatica. The seat frame appeared to have been pressing on some nerve in the buttocks. Now use a padded plastic drum which also carries all my decoys and flapper.

Blackpowder

Begara seat for the nice even ground, its the best shooting seat I have ever used, http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/220178-bergara-stag-folding-shooting-seat-l67/

When only a shooting stick will do, mainly due to very uneven ground, or having to sit on a slope, its, http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_63&product_id=109. The large seat area is far more comfortable than a traditional shooting stick and its very sturdy.

When only a shooting stick will do, mainly due to very uneven ground, or having to sit on a slope, its, http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_63&product_id=109. The large seat area is far more comfortable than a traditional shooting stick and its very sturdy.

I've one of these. Had it for about 4 yrs but now it's dieing due to a design fault. And it's initial sturdiness deteriorates over time and use.

The structure is of an alloy with holes to both adjust the height of the seat and to tilt the seat from carrying to sitting position. The locking pins to effect these adjustments is stainless steel. There is an incompatibility between steel and alloy because over time the rocking motion effect on the seat when standing and sitting causes the steel pin to wear the holes in the alloy from a circle to an oval and as the wear sets in it increases until the seat becomes extremely wobbly in use.

Despite this I still think it's a very transportable and effective seat on uneven terrain and for arthritic old shooters like me it's height adjustment is a big bonus.I will probably overcome the the design problem by buying a new one.

I've one of these. Had it for about 4 yrs but now it's dieing due to a design fault. And it's initial sturdiness deteriorates over time and use.

The structure is of an alloy with holes to both adjust the height of the seat and to tilt the seat from carrying to sitting position. The locking pins to effect these adjustments is stainless steel. There is an incompatibility between steel and alloy because over time the rocking motion effect on the seat when standing and sitting causes the steel pin to wear the holes in the alloy from a circle to an oval and as the wear sets in it increases until the seat becomes extremely wobbly in use.

Despite this I still think it's a very transportable and effective seat on uneven terrain and for arthritic old shooters like me it's height adjustment is a big bonus.I will probably overcome the the design problem by buying a new one.

I removed the locking pin in the "tilt" fitting and replaced it with a very tight fitting bolt and a locking nut, this solved the problem you mention.

You can no longer tilt the seat pad, but I found that was not a necessary facility.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi what seats to you guys use in the hides I would like a seat that's at least 600mm high but can't find 1 anywhere the seats I have used before are all to small and are hard to get up from thanks

My old 4 gallon drum, had it for twenty plus years, and I cut a hole in the side and I carry sacks and a flask inside of it.

post-76106-0-84896700-1448475427_thumb.jpg