What about this for a hide?

SimpleSimon

Just wondering if anyone has experience or opinions on this:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/screen-3d-kamo-r-hunting-hide-id_8282544.html

As I've finally found a couple of people selling DIY pigeon shooting I'm looking at getting some kit together. I wondered if the above item, laid down on one side would form a good basis for a hide. I'm thinking a camo bet draped over it to give a 3D effect and then pegged out to the sides to make the shape more natural. Cheaper and easier than poles and it would offer a bit of shelter against the weather as well. 150x150cm plus a bit of extra net should be big enough for me and the dog to sit behind?

Or am I better off with a traditional 4 poles and a camo net?

I tried an old fishing brolly with a net thrown over the top, nice in summer as a shade, but no good in high winds, on the marshes where cover is hard to find I just lay in any hole or hollow with good camo gear on, just make use of any cover available, something like this will stick out like a sore thumb if there is no natural cover. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

25 quid for basically a camo umbrella is a bit silly. Sold by someone who doesn't know anything about pigeon shooting. You can't stand behind a bed sheet and expect to be able to be hidden from view. Quite often it can get very gusty and all you would do is to be chasing it across the field and off into the distance.

• 1 month later...