Which is best

hpenrith

I was torn by a BSA of some kind vs a HW100, I went for the HW100 in the end as its better made IMO, has the 14 shot mag and the weight can be reduced by a A&M cylinder, the HW100 also comes with two mags and a silencer in the price so saves you some money there too.

Am happy and thats the way I would recomend to anyone else !

ATB

Matt

And there speaketh the voice of experience.

The BSA barrels do have a good reputation for accuracy but there mags arent the best and yes can be improved with some funds thrown at them. Also the BSA to get the best shot count will want a reg fitting and by this time your up to the cost of the HW100, and you could always buy second hand HW100 to save some cash.

If anyone has a HW100KT with A&M cylinder it would be interesing to know what it weighs in at ! Then compare that to the BSA pluss the reg weight, I bet there isnt masses in it.

ATB

Matt

craig.

Love the rifle but ...... I had a word with BSA rep at the Midland Fair. Told him I would buy one tomorrow if they would only fit a anti double loading mechanism ... He told me that they had not even discussed this being carried out. Told him that Hatsan had them fitted on their guns ..... He shrugged his shoulders.

FairPlay - though after having put a few hundred shots through mine I haven't double loaded once. I think it's more down to the shooter than the equipment... And it's a great little gun.

The BSA barrels do have a good reputation for accuracy but there mags arent the best and yes can be improved with some funds thrown at them. Also the BSA to get the best shot count will want a reg fitting and by this time your up to the cost of the HW100, and you could always buy second hand HW100 to save some cash.

If anyone has a HW100KT with A&M cylinder it would be interesing to know what it weighs in at ! Then compare that to the BSA pluss the reg weight, I bet there isnt masses in it.

ATB

Matt

Matt I was looking to put one on mine ( A&M cylinder ) but at £160 I know the shot count is better and its lighter but I thought I would spend my money more wisely ,,,, I bought a six gun(scoped ) rifle cabinet instead so cylinder will have to wait, I,ve got 3 x 3 gun cabinets but they wont accept a rifle with scope, well not my daystates anyway

Yeah the only way the hw is way infront of bsa is by the amount of leakes you will develop lol all my hw 100 s leaked either straight out of the box or a week later .i have had 2 r10 s and scorpion se,ultra se .and never had any issues at all.

Conversely many people have had precisely the same problem with BSA rifles, especially the R10!

Funny that, I've had 3 HW100's and would not have another one. The .22 I had wouldn't group for toffee, the first .177 I had would group one day, then shotgun the next. The second .177 I had sprung a leak. Oh, and whilst the thumbhole is an ugly stock, at least it "fits" - the sporter feels like holding a scaffold plank !

On the flip side, the BSA's I've had have all been very accurate and I've never had a mag problem. My Mk1 R10 leaked when I first bought it, but BSA took it back and fixed it, no problems in 5 years of ownership.

As to double loading, can't believe anyone would rate a Hatstand over a BSA because you can't double load ?? What a load of snot !

like u biffo my hw100 22 was all over the place not much point in havin a rifle that u cant double load if you cant hit the damn target,on a plus I traded it in last week for the new scorpion se tacticle it took one magazine to find bull after fittiin scope put another ten through all groupn nicely my 21 pellet was an head shot squzzer in my garden,

Funny that, I've had 3 HW100's and would not have another one. The .22 I had wouldn't group for toffee, the first .177 I had would group one day, then shotgun the next. The second .177 I had sprung a leak. Oh, and whilst the thumbhole is an ugly stock, at least it "fits" - the sporter feels like holding a scaffold plank !

On the flip side, the BSA's I've had have all been very accurate and I've never had a mag problem. My Mk1 R10 leaked when I first bought it, but BSA took it back and fixed it, no problems in 5 years of ownership.

As to double loading, can't believe anyone would rate a Hatstand over a BSA because you can't double load ?? What a load of snot !

I never said that, somebody else did. Anti double load is also present on the HW by the way.

Edited by secretagentmole