No Alliant steel at the moment - Alternatives?

Richie10

Can ssb 150 directly replace Alliant Steel, or are we back to developing a load again. Then doing the same when ssb 150 runs out?

No it will not directly replace alliant steel there are data sheets available from C&G for it , from what I can make it will best used on lighter loads of steel , I am guessing it is quite bulky as the C&G 3.5" load only carries 35 grams

It's been suggested I try Hodgdons Lil' Gun as a replacement for Alliant Steel? Has anyone ever tried it, or got any info? I am loading a 46 gram steel load with Alliant Steel. I've shook the tin, and had a look through the neck, I've got my fingers crossed it'll last me the rest of the season.

Edited by Hares Ear

We need all the help we can get

I'll tell where it is G.

Try Fenland Rural Sports.

My Local suppliers.

They have had people from as far as Scotland after the Alliant Steel Powder that I ordered in.

If I had anything to do with it I would only sell to regular customers NOT to people trolling the country buying all the stock to hoard then gloat " I've got plenty you ain't " Best I make a phone call in the morning !!!!!!!

I'll tell where it is G.

Try Fenland Rural Sports.

My Local suppliers.

They have had people from as far as Scotland after the Alliant Steel Powder that I ordered in.

If I had anything to do with it I would only sell to regular customers NOT to people trolling the country buying all the stock to hoard then gloat " I've got plenty you ain't " Best I make a phone call in the morning !!!!!!!

I don't need powder B. I got enough for a wee while.

Stocked up the first time it was hard to get.

Reckon I ain't fired enough yet.

Same as mate.

I've even took to Sunday ( Legal ) Flights to help the Goose addiction and loading my own Cartridges as my previous Loader ( Hammy ) could not keep up with demand !!!!! Can't get him to get out on the foreshore though which is a shame

Same as mate.

I've even took to Sunday ( Legal ) Flights to help the Goose addiction and loading my own Cartridges as my previous Loader ( Hammy ) could not keep up with demand !!!!! Can't get him to get out on the foreshore though which is a shame

I don't think they old geese would thank you for letting Hammy loose on there as well.

Armageddon boys.

Edited by Farma Geddon

People as Bisley were saying that the powders from http://www.reload-swiss.com/en/reload_swiss/index.phpare being used when Vitavuori is not available. The is a chart comparing burn rates here http://www.lhs-germany.de/fileadmin/dateien/dokumente/Pulver/2013/Burning_Rate_Chart_LHS_2013.10.pdf. Fultons are stocking it.

Edited by rjimmer

When Alliant Steel is not available I have used Blue Dot and a few months ago I got a tub of Hodgdons Longshot but not used it yet, I have enough Steel for this season. Loading data for Blue Dot and Longshot is available on line at the Ballistic Products website only problem can be some of the components are hard to get over here but they can be found if you search or if a couple of folk get together and bring in what they need from US, a bit expensive but do'able. Hope this helps.