1lt ecoboost (125)

Davyo

Wife traded in her 2013 focus 1.6 tdi,that pulled like a train for a brand new Fiesta Titanium X (1ltr ecoboost 125). I picket it up today & wow it's much quicker 0-60 and no lag whatsoever from the Turbo.Been driving it around,a mixture of town and country roads all day and it's returning 54mpg which should creep up when run in. With the cruise control set on 70mph driving down the dual carriage way it was a tad over 2000rpm,my Jimny at 60mph is knocking on 4000rpm.

We had read a bit about this little engine & had a test drive last Friday when I ordered the car, but after having it out all day I'm blown away by the little motor & although I loved the Focus is no where near as responsive & comfy.

Edited by Davyo

I had a 2012 Focus 1.6 (180) Ecoboost when they first came out. It was a lovely car to drive, and very smooth. But it was a little gutless, to the point I wondered if it had a turbo fitted at all. With hindsight I should of given it a bit more welly on the test drive to see what it was really like.... It averaged 32 mpg while plodding around on a combination of town and open roads. After a few thousand miles it went up to 34 mpg, if driven very steadily. On a long motorway run, it went up to 35 mpg at the most. I even booked it back into the dealer to see if there was a fault. When I picked it up, the service manager said there was no fault, "and with the technician driving it very steady he managed 34 mpg" Needless to say I didn't have it long, and went back to a diesel. I visited a few forums around the time, and found quite a few unhappy people, with the same thought as me. Having said that, I could see it being a good engine for the smaller and lighter Fiesta. Enjoy! :good:

I had a 2012 Focus 1.6 (180) Ecoboost when they first came out. It was a lovely car to drive, and very smooth. But it was a little gutless, to the point I wondered if it had a turbo fitted at all. With hindsight I should of given it a bit more welly on the test drive to see what it was really like.... It averaged 32 mpg while plodding around on a combination of town and open roads. After a few thousand miles it went up to 34 mpg, if driven very steadily. On a long motorway run, it went up to 35 mpg at the most. I even booked it back into the dealer to see if there was a fault. When I picked it up, the service manager said there was no fault, "and with the technician driving it very steady he managed 34 mpg" Needless to say I didn't have it long, and went back to a diesel. I visited a few forums around the time, and found quite a few unhappy people, with the same thought as me. Having said that, I could see it being a good engine for the smaller and lighter Fiesta. Enjoy! :good:

That's hilarious, I can get 30mpg from my 3 ton shogun on a run if I drive it carefully enough, 35mpg !!