Speeding Offence

Blackpowder

One of the topics on last Saturday's shoot was about someone known to two of the other Guns, the person in question is not known to me. Apparently this person was going to loose shotgun certificates and fire arm licenses as he had been convicted of a speeding offense, allegedly ,"being just over the limit". Sounded odd to me and felt there must be something else lurking unsaid?

Blackpowder

Load of nonsense. If they're going to lose their Driving licence (due to multiple offences or a VERY high-speed ticket), then possibly, yes, you can see the police looking to see if they are 'of intemperate habits', in regards to their driving, and considering if that has any bearing on their SGC/FAC ownership. But a single, 'just-over-the-limit' speeding ticket, no chance at all.

If he was 'just over the limit' for drink-driving, and about to get banned, then that's another matter entirely. The police will probably seek to revoke certificates.

Apparently this person was going to loose shotgun certificates and fire arm licenses as he had been convicted of a speeding offense, allegedly ,"being just over the limit". Sounded odd to me and felt there must be something else lurking unsaid?

Blackpowder

Unless he was that guy who filmed himself at 192mph!

My FLO once told me it is possible to lose your ticket for speeding offences but he was not talking about a single offence .

He said repeated convictions for speeding meant you could not be regarded as a "responsible person" and therefore may lose your ticket.

That's the way i understand it "blatant disregard of the law" was the phrase i heard used.

Well Put it this way, Bloke on a motor bike doing a 140mph , Lost the lot 3 years ago.

I was in the shop when trying to sell ALL his guns, and he didn`t get what he wanted for them either..

Buyers market..

Good. At that speed with no regard for other people's safety he should not have any licence again including driving.