S400 do up

winnie&bezza

Morning all, I've got a 12 year old s400 that I want to do up a bit. I used to use it a lot when I was younger but then it sat unused for a good number of years and I've thought about selling it but I just can't as it is what I first started hunting with and has sentimental factor. I'm just wondering if the Rowan rotary mags designed for adapting these are any good? Also if there is any little things that can make it 'better' or isn't it worth it? Probably should send it off for a tuned really. Also it's got a beech stock that I would love to change and me being a chippy, am having a crazy brain idea of getting a big chunk of walnut from the joiners we use and having a go of making one. Nuts idea I know ha. Cheers

I wouldn't send it anywhere, there's enough info online, all the spares you need from "bgaltd" on the AAOC at a discount for members. If you can wire a plug you're capable of doing it yourself.

Making a stock is beyond me so good on you for deciding to have a go!

Did this to my own 400 a few years back ,i wasnt too sure about making my own stock so i bought a second hand Ginb ,the internals were straightforward as timmytree says just a good polish and reseal along with a few blingy bits from Rowan engineering and the jobs a good un .

Edited by Jega

Re sealed my s400 last year. Got the kit of Julian from aaoc. I was surprised at how simple it was just make sure its totaly empty befor taking apart. The guys on aaoc forum are very helpful and if one of them are close to you they might even offer to go through it with you. I downloaded an exploded diagram from airarms Web site and got it printed out large from the drawings office at work,made things easier. All the seals come in their own little bag with part no's on so its simple enough to put back together. Good luck.

Got a rowan magazine on my S400, but you have to rotate the mag by hand. Simple enough and no problem, don't even think about it. It's made a lovely rifle even better.

Made a stock some years ago for a Webley Mk3 I acquired with broken stock. I made the stock from pics as I had no pattern, easy enough and quite interesting to do. I just used router, bench drill, sander and chisels.

Oh Yeah of course , if it doesn't turn on its its own then it can't double load. Thanks for that. It might take me a little while til pics til I get things moving. As I've said I plan to go to the joiners we use and get them to get me a piece of walnut but is there better places to go?

check out where Golfshot bought his from