How many pigeons!

army646

Travelling South on the M6 through Cheshire this morning, just about the time when all the flocks were venturing out from roost. My god! I have never seen as many pigeons in my whole life. The skies were full of them in every direction as far as the eye could see and this continued as we travelled for a good number of miles.

There were literally thousands.

Whoever has permission to shoot over the blocks of OSR in Cheshire should be on for a good do this winter. It looked to me like they have already started to feed on it.

Travelling South on the M6 through Cheshire this morning, just about the time when all the flocks were venturing out from roost. My god! I have never seen as many pigeons in my whole life. The skies were full of them in every direction as far as the eye could see and this continued as we travelled for a good number of miles.

There were literally thousands.

Whoever has permission to shoot over the blocks of OSR in Cheshire should be on for a good do this winter. It looked to me like they have already started to feed on it.

I doubt it, see Jdogs post below.

They may have been on migration heading for Devon and Cornwall and then on to France, Spain and Portugal.

Agree Jdog, and like most holiday makers, they won't be stopping to entertain anyone :lol: On a positive note, if you have a handful of exocets and can get under a flightline,there could be some half reasonable sport.

I saw two flocks yesterday morning about 8AM about 500 in each in long narrow flocks about 2 min apart both heading South. Didn't see any return in the evening so assume they are still heading South.

Saw a massive flock of starlings this morning .... spectacular. They roost in the reeds at a nearby lake in their 10000s ....... only there a couple of weeks until the reeds are trashed and then they move out to various woods.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep! Holmes Chapple area was pretty much the area where I saw this spectacle a couple of weeks ago.

I personally don't think they were the migratory bunch. These ******* were flying at normal English, pain in the **** Woody height and were not tightly flocked.

They were simply every where in all directions as far as the eye could see.

I nearly got as excited as last birthday when the wife said she had a special treat for me! :mellow:

Turned out that a bath, fresh underwear and a splash of smellies was not really needed for the new spade she had bought me to dig over the front garden. :lol:

Yep! Holmes Chapple area was pretty much the area where I saw this spectacle a couple of weeks ago.

I personally don't think they were the migratory bunch. These ******* were flying at normal English, pain in the **** Woody height and were not tightly flocked.

They were simply every where in all directions as far as the eye could see.

I nearly got as excited as last birthday when the wife said she had a special treat for me! :mellow:

Turned out that a bath, fresh underwear and a splash of smellies was not really needed for the new spade she had bought me to dig over the front garden. :lol:

I work in holmes chapel and the field opposite the garage I work in has just had its maize cut, hundreds of them! Just need to find the right farmer :L

Up in north Lincolnshire we are starting to see some large flocks this past week or so, but on the large estates where game shooting is in full swing, no going there then, around me on the moors starting to look better, but this morning one shot one retrieve for the dog never came back, will have a look this afternoon on plenty of land I have in the area, may get one or two shots, last year at this time it was cold & I had well over 100 in the begging of December by the end over 200.