Holland and Holland ground?

Reeceknight

I can only say back in the 1980's it was probably one, if not, THE best ground in the Country. I shot there 3 times back then, all 100 bird sporting shoots. Fantastic 'walked up' section, which I was informed could put on a 100 bird shoot on it's own. Well worth doing if only for the experience.

Far better to go to AC Sporting Targets at Northolt, H&H is a Corporate ground, if you want to "pay and play", then Northolt is a better choice.

Cat.

+1 shooting schools don't tend to be great for turn up and shot a bit sessions and you can try the man or a mouse compact at AC Edited by welshwarrior

My cousin used to trap there. When they did flurries/flushes it was all manual traps with a bunch of trappers. The instructor would see where the gun was weak and get the trappers (different whistles) in that area throwing more clays out/adjust their flight etc.

The trappers would clean the guns for the clients after each session, would get to see some beautiful stuff. Used to get half decent tips from most of the clients too.

My cousin used to trap there. When they did flurries/flushes it was all manual traps with a bunch of trappers. The instructor would see where the gun was weak and get the trappers (different whistles) in that area throwing more clays out/adjust their flight etc.

The trappers would clean the guns for the clients after each session, would get to see some beautiful stuff. Used to get half decent tips from most of the clients too.

Which reminds me of when I had a working trip to the states back in the 80's. Our host took us to a gun range where most of the shooters were using hand guns. There was one manual clay trap, mounted on a post, throwing simple going away birds. I watched for a while then asked if I could trap. The first few birds I put out were straight as a die and the shooter, look at me type, was powdering them. So I slipped one 20mm up the arm and it came out a few metres off line...the MISS was followed by a verbal abuse from said shooter. So funny at the time.